New Gun Company Advertisement Compares Obama to Hitler, Stal

Off Topic is the place for anything that doesn't quite fit into the other categories.
Jslotter

Re: New Gun Company Advertisement Compares Obama to Hitler,

Postby Jslotter » Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:50 pm

pgchambers wrote: I worry the current Republicans are so busy stirring up the people who are already going to vote for them, that they run the risk of pushing too many independents to vote for the Democrats.

Speaking for myself, Im going to stand firm as an Independent. I was a diehard Republican at one time, but this last summer, with all the BS in Washington, I think I have had enough from both sides. They don't deserve my vote.
I only hunt on days that end in ' Y '.

JPH

Postby JPH » Tue Dec 20, 2011 2:44 pm

pgchambers wrote:WW: Even with the recent change of topic, I still say we need to consider how we say things. Anti-abortionists do not have a clear majority in this country, no matter how strongly we feel about it. There are a lot of people that are pretty much against abortion in general, but still want exceptions made in cases like rape and such. I will not argue the right and wrong of any of it, as it is not one of those things that any of us are going to change our minds about. I just believe that those people wavering in the middle will lean the other way if the right is not careful with how they frame their words. Feeling you are in the right will do no good if you are standing powerless in the back of the room because you scared off all of the moderates(independents). I probably should have worded my own post a little softer, but like I said, I worry the current Republicans are so busy stirring up the people who are already going to vote for them, that they run the risk of pushing too many independents to vote for the Democrats.

I'll continue to reach over and jerk the wheel of the conversation.

The point I was trying to make is that while I consider the ad in the op to be an outrageous and inappropriate hyperbole, I don't think it is hyperbole to draw such a conclusion in regard to the abortion question. Again, I'm not calling Obama Hitler. What I am saying is that the US has allowed far more innocent human beings to be killed in abortion clinics than Nazi Germany killed in concentration camps. In order for that to be hyperbole, it would have to be exaggerated, and it is not in the least.

If that makes us uncomfortable, so be it.

kellory

Postby kellory » Tue Dec 20, 2011 6:08 pm

Don't you find it a little odd though...A man convicted and sentenced to die is hung, and the rope breaks, he is by law free. But a baby that survives an assasination attempt is condeemed. How does that suit ya' ? :|
The only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker is observation. All the same data is present for both. The rest is understanding what you are seeing.

Woods Walker

Postby Woods Walker » Tue Dec 20, 2011 6:19 pm

Infanticide is more than just a little odd.....it's self destructive to a civilized culture on many different levels. We are losing our humanity for one.

But here's another oddity..........If a woman is one her way to an abortion clinic to have the deed done, and on the way she's hit by a drunk driver and her baby is killed, then the drunk driver gets charged with vehicular homicide. What the......??????
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

>>>--------------------------------->
NRA Endowment Life Member

kellory

Postby kellory » Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:52 pm

Woods Walker wrote:Infanticide is more than just a little odd.....it's self destructive to a civilized culture on many different levels. We are losing our humanity for one.

But here's another oddity..........If a woman is one her way to an abortion clinic to have the deed done, and on the way she's hit by a drunk driver and her baby is killed, then the drunk driver gets charged with vehicular homicide. What the......??????

It all depends on who's goat has been gored.
The only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker is observation. All the same data is present for both. The rest is understanding what you are seeing.

Woods Walker

Postby Woods Walker » Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:05 pm

Yes....situational ethics.
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

Oakarver

Postby Oakarver » Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:00 pm

Oh..I was going to bring up the abortion issue/comparison. But I figured the PC crowd here would have a fit :roll: ;)

Most Americans are pro-life if you get away from the generic "are you pro-choice(I'd say pro-abortion) or pro-life" type polls.

BTW..another example made out there is the Hitler/evolution issue.

pgchambers

Postby pgchambers » Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:07 am

JPH & WW, Pretty sure I never used the word hyperbole for any factual statements. I did use the word, so I can handle getting it thrown back at me. Just understand I don't consider factual statements to be hyperbole.
Respect - don't take it, unless you are willing to give it.
Responsibility - don't give it, unless you are willing to take it.

Woods Walker

Postby Woods Walker » Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:29 am

Don't sweat it pg......I'm a big boy! Besides, it gave me a reason bust your......uh....chops! :mrgreen:
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

kellory

Postby kellory » Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:56 pm

Woods Walker wrote:Infanticide is more than just a little odd.....it's self destructive to a civilized culture on many different levels. We are losing our humanity for one.

AND practicing medicine without a licience. ;)

Previous

Return to Off Topic