Real doe pee

What's the hunt looking like this year in your area? Share!
Panman1949

Real doe pee

Postby Panman1949 » Wed Sep 03, 2008 1:26 pm

Has anyone tried using doe pee from an estrus doe taken during the season to use as a cover scent or as a scrape scent, etc.?  I have not but thought about it this year if I can get one.  If you have done this, did you use it the next season and get the same results?  Just a thought but seems better than some chemical concoction.  Please let me know what your results were.  I am going to try this anyway to get my own results, if possible, since scent use seems to vary from place to place and time to time.  Even if you havent tried this, I would appreciate your thoughts.  Thank you, Panman

ScootD

RE: Real doe pee

Postby ScootD » Wed Sep 03, 2008 1:55 pm

Panman last year was my first year hunting in 8 yrs and I bought this stuff called hunter specialties doe urine, not even the estrous urine and the third day of the hunt I had a beautiful 8 point come looking for what was there. So if you have access to this stuff I would recommend it to you, or you could even go online to hunterspec.com and purchase it from them. I don't know how you feel but $6 to $7 dollars for a one ounce bottle is not bad compared to the other stuff I have seen on the market.

Now as far as it being collected from real deer they say it is, but I dont know exactly how long they leave it sit before it gets to wher it is going. I have bought 2 dominat buck urines, 2 doe in estrus, and 2 normal doe urine for before the rut and it says right on the package and the website that the collect it right from an estrus doe and a dominate buck. So your best bet would either be to trust me or do some research on the many different types of scents and find something you like.

Good luck to all and be safe in the very close hunting season.

bckklr

Postby bckklr » Wed Sep 03, 2008 2:12 pm

hey pman , it works i do it from every deer i harvest when possible i try to keep an xtra amber bottle in my pack just for that i used to take an unused cajun injector suringe to extract it but now i usualy just pinch the bladder shut & then just cut it & then kind of pour it in the bottle if i dont use it that season i usualy freeze it but all in all ive had positive results & it saves some cash          good luck
adapt & overcome

hoosierhuntercustomcalls.com

howhill1

Postby howhill1 » Wed Sep 03, 2008 2:26 pm

you can get srynges of different sizes at any farm store, tsc etc. look in the livestock sections.
"please join the N.R.A. as well as your state rifle association! these are critical times for ALL gun owners. Be informed, be active and stay vigilant"

Panman1949

Postby Panman1949 » Wed Sep 03, 2008 2:29 pm

Scoot:  1) Do you ride?  If so, what?
          2) Thanks for the reply.  I will definitely check into that scent, but not because I dont believe you.  I havent had much luck with scents, but live in NW Ohio where there is a lot of small 6 & 10 acre wood lots, 6 & 10 acres apart.  The deer are hunted very hard, and run blind. This is not as true during the early archery season.  I have the luck of private land this year(1st time in 9 years).  Thought the real deal might help me step away from the crowd so to speak, but never tried it.  If I do I will let everyone know what I learn.  Again thanks and good luck this season.  Panman
Klr & Hill, thanks as well.  I will try the syringes.

fasteddie

Postby fasteddie » Wed Sep 03, 2008 3:15 pm

There is a fellow who lives about 30 miles from me. He raises deer and collects their urine . He has done a slide show of his business at a couple of the Sportsmen's Banquets . e raises the deer from fawns and put the deer into estrous with a blowgun and dart . I have not had any luck with this yet . He sells the stuff in some sports shops and it is kept refridgerated .

GTOHunter

Postby GTOHunter » Wed Sep 03, 2008 3:59 pm

There is a guy a few miles from where I live that collects and bottles his Doe Urine from Deer he rasies at his place.I tried it last year but didn't have any Bucks drawn into to it.I've always had good luck with Tinks #69 and I tried the Code Blue with no results either.

One thing I have had good luck with is the Hunters Specialties Scent Wavers,it is easy to use,no mess and you put it back in the sealable plastic container and it re-juvenates itself over and over!They have a really neat clip that hangs over a tree branch to keep from blowing or falling off.

Woods Walker

Postby Woods Walker » Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:25 pm

Here's a question for you all. That $$$ "Paris Hilton Doe-In-Heat Urine" that you are buying...what COLOR is it, either in the bottle, or when you pour it out?

If it's AMBER/BROWN/DARK, then what once was real urine, is now UREA, which is what ALL urine breaks down to after it's exposed to the air for a short time. It will also have an ammonia-like smell.

Think back to when you last gut a deer, worked around (and maybe broke) the bladder, and or removed the organs that are used for urination....What COLOR was the urine? And if you got any one your hands or knife, what did it SMELL like? It smelled like PEE!

I can guarantee you this, it WASN'T the color of the stuff you just paid for, because at that point it was still URINE.

Buyer beware.

On another thread, many of us are expounding the use of YOUR OWN urine to freshen scrapes with.

Just food for thought.......
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

>>>--------------------------------->
NRA Endowment Life Member

EatDeer

Postby EatDeer » Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:24 pm

I've used some real doe urine a couple times, from harvested deer. I use a water bottle to collect it, then add a couple ounces of store bought scent to the collection bottle.  I don't know if it's any better then store bought, but it lasts me alot longer,and doesn't cost a whole bunch of cash.
"Let a young buck go, so he can grow."

fasteddie

Postby fasteddie » Thu Sep 04, 2008 3:09 am

I believe the "Hunter's Specialties" doe pee is artificial and doesn't break down like the real stuff .

Real doe pee should be kept refridgerated .

Any doe pee sold in stores should be dated if the company in any good . I sometimes wonder if some of that stuff might me cow urine !

Next

Return to General Discussions