What hunting clothes do you wear?

What's the hunt looking like this year in your area? Share!
mag30079

RE: What hunting clothes do you wear?

Postby mag30079 » Tue Sep 02, 2008 7:57 am

Early season, baselayer under a 3d bug suit with 400 rubber boots and light gloves. I just got a pair of the pass thru gloves for archery season. Colder weather Cabela's super slam elite fleece parka and bibs with Lacrosse 1200 burly boots.

fasteddie

Postby fasteddie » Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:38 am

I have various camo clothes but the ones I like best are the Browning Scent Suppresent Hardwoods Camo . It's soft and comfortable . I have a several other hunting clothes that are hardwoods and military woodland camo . I prefer m Rocky boots but my son insists that I wear the camo rubber knee high boots . Image

hunter480

Postby hunter480 » Tue Sep 02, 2008 11:24 am

For just camo t-shirts, shirts, and militaty pants, I wear anything. I have Cabela`s stuff, and some off-name stuff that works just fine.

The outerwear is where I get serious, and where I think it makes all the difference. I have a sweet Browning parka and bibs that are Gore-Tex, wind resistant, and plenty warm. I swear by them. Like some of the others, I love my camo Rocky Gore-Tex boots in size 15, but I find myself wearing my LaCrosse Burleys all season anymore. I swear, I`ve not had cold feet in them regardless of outside air temperature, and especially after spraying them down with Scent-Killer, they`re oderless.

I`ve also begun to wear the X-System under garments, they`re like a long underwear, but supposedly have a silver fiber in them that reduces odor. I still usually take my Scent-Loc base layer along, but sometimes don`t don them.

shaman

Postby shaman » Thu Sep 04, 2008 12:40 am

ORIGINAL: JOEL

im in the ranks of shaman with all the gear i got

The reason I keep so much around is that we frequently change clothes to keep down the stink.  Especially in the early parts of the season, I choose to change my clothes between morning and afternoon as well as day to day.  Everything gets washed in sodium bicarb, dried outside on the line and packed in sodium bicarb. 

The thing that I see is that when I'm doing it right, deer cannot seem to wind me as little as 20 yards downwind from the stand.  When I slip up or get lazy and wear the same shirt from one day to the next, or come back in, do chores, and go back out without changing.  Deer can smell me as much as 70 yards away on the upwind side.
Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries of SW Bracken County, KY
Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer

Previous

Return to General Discussions