My backup bow is all screwed up ............

Bowhunting experiences, the best way to tune a bow -- share your knowledge here!
fasteddie

My backup bow is all screwed up ............

Postby fasteddie » Tue Sep 02, 2008 4:48 pm

After having the bow for 3 years , I had the shop where I bought it replace the string and whatever cables needed changing . This was a pro shop !  My shurz-a-peep is tied in and I need to adjust it . I had my DMI rest cord attached to my down cable and the shop owner fastened it to the cable slide which is much slower . I was able to shoot FOBs off the rest befoe but now it drops too slow . [:@]
I have some work to do ..................[:(]

Goose

RE: My backup bow is all screwed up ............

Postby Goose » Tue Sep 02, 2008 5:17 pm

That is to bad. I cannot believe how many bows Ive tried to fix after a buddy buys a new one or has one worked on at these shops. There are good ones out there for sure but unfortunantly there are some bad ones as well. Thats why I love to work on bows myself, not saying Im better but it is nice to know whats going on. Good luck with the repairs.
Jake

Genesis 27:3 Take your bow and quiver full of arrows out into the open country, and hunt some wild game.....

bckklr

Postby bckklr » Thu Sep 04, 2008 3:06 am

i traded my back up bow (pse baby g)for a brand new remington 870 express with a kicks 650 ,xtra full factory,& a modified chokes it is skylinecamo & black im stoked about the deal thought ide let the world know
adapt & overcome

hoosierhuntercustomcalls.com

DeerCamp

Postby DeerCamp » Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:28 am

Thats happend to me before too. I took my bow to Franks in KawKawlin.... A young kid with a bunch of tattoo's did my bow.....And boy did he EVER SCREW UP!  Peep site not tied down, not paper tested, the string loop could be moved up and down.. It really ticked me off that this kid didnt know what the heack he was doing! NEVER again will I have my bow go there or have that kid come anywhere close to my bow. I was VERY ticked off, I have heard of that same kid doing the same things to others bow.. Its sad this is a pro shop and they resort to some one who does poor work.
"If I pull the hammer and shoot this young buck, he's dead. But if I pass on him, the next hunter might not shoot so straight."

fasteddie

Postby fasteddie » Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:41 am

The only person at the shop is the owner . He had setup the bow when i 1st bought it and it was fine . He has the drop away messed up as well as the peep . I just need some time to play around with it and make it right . I have cooled off .........

bckklr

Postby bckklr » Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:41 am

if the pro shop dude has tatoos you must stay away ?
adapt & overcome

hoosierhuntercustomcalls.com

Return to Archery and Bowhunting