Brock Lesnar faces hunting charges...

The latest news from Deer & Deer Hunting magazine!
Ohio farms

Re: Brock Lesnar faces hunting charges...

Postby Ohio farms » Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:11 am

I watched the footage of him shoving the cameraman and I'd imagine some of it came out of the frustration of being knocked out in the first round, but that is no excuse for his behavior. It's easy to act well when life is a bowl of cherries, but the true mark of decent person is tested when things don't go as we would like. IMO
Keep life simple...if you hear hoofbeats, think horses, not zebras.

JPH

Postby JPH » Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:34 pm

Oh I agree. It had to have been a tough moment for him, but he made $400,000 for that 1st round loss. You and I don't get to shove people when we have a bad day at work.

I wish the man and his family no personal ill will, but I still think hunting will be better off if guys like Brock do not star in hunting shows or advertise products.

Ohio farms

Postby Ohio farms » Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:49 pm

Yea, I'd think that $400,000 might take the edge off a bit.
Keep life simple...if you hear hoofbeats, think horses, not zebras.

Oakarver

Postby Oakarver » Fri Jan 06, 2012 6:48 pm

Wasn't too smart of the cameraman maybe to have the camera right at his face? They do have zooms on the cams..do they not? :lol: There's another one out there of him shoving a cop or sercurity-type guy...people were laughing at that one.

On his retiring...sincere/heartfelt or not...I won't be surprised if he changes his mind. BJ sounded VERY sincere/serious about it..and yet we now get this: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1012129-bj-penn-calls-nick-diaz-a-coward-asks-for-rematch Time..and money..can always change things :o

PABuck_HNTR

Postby PABuck_HNTR » Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:36 am

Was never really a big fan of Brock Lesnar. Hopefully we won't have to see anymore Scent Killer ads with him in them since he's now retired from MMA and now this incident

MatthewUSMC8791

Postby MatthewUSMC8791 » Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:38 pm

7bl425
On Tuesday, Brock Lesnar’s (Pictured) attorney appeared in a Medicine Hat, Alberta court in Canada and plead guilty on his client’s behalf to improper tagging of an animal during a hunting trip in November 2010.

The former UFC heavyweight champ was fined $1,725 and issued a six-month hunting suspension.

“In Alberta, Americans can’t hunt without a licensed outfitter,” Lesnar expressed in a statement obtained by 5thRound.com. “The outfitter is there to make sure you follow the rules. I had two deer tags for the trip which meant I could legally shoot two deer. On the first day of the trip, I shot a mule deer. On the second day, I shot a white tail. After I shot the mule deer, I failed to immediately tag it.

“Now it’s resolved. I paid my fine today. It’s the kind of thing that happens to hunters all the time. I want to thank the Canadian authorities for their cooperation in resolving this misunderstanding. I love Canada and I can’t wait to go back to Alberta for a hunt.”

Canadian wildlife officials originally accused Lesnar of shooting a mule deer buck but only keeping the head as a trophy. The 34-year-old, along with a hired guide, were each charged with three counts; improper tagging, leaving meat to rot and illegal possession of wildlife.

As part of his plea agreement, the latter two charges against Lesnar were dropped.

The director of the Alberta Professional Outfitters Society claims it is unethical to leave edible meat in the field.

“I understood I couldn’t bring deer meat home with me across the border even if I wanted to, so I trusted the outfitter to properly handle it,” Lesnar added. “They are professionals and I understand it was handled appropriately.”

The former WWE superstar can now move on to bigger issues. Alistair Overeem passed his pre-fight drug test today, making their UFC 141 shootout official.

The MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada hosts the December 30th event. The heavyweight top contender bout headlines the pay-per-view broadcast.
Semper Fi, Matthew

Bows: TENPOINT Stealth XLT & Horton XS. Rifles: Savage Custom 116FL 300 Win.Mag w/ Harrell's MB, SGS Stock w/Comp.Lug and Comp Trigger. KW’s ExtMag, 30”Brux Barrel (.930”), 40MOA base, Seekin Rings, NightForce 5-22x50 w/NPR1

MatthewUSMC8791

Postby MatthewUSMC8791 » Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:46 pm

Hes not the only one been charged or investigated for hunting issues.. How many times has Nugent been busted...

Kentucky Department of Fish & Wildlife Resources News Release

Game Trails LLC, McTavish fined $50,000 for illegal deer kills
April 3, 2009 Contact: Mark Marraccini
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE 1-800-858-1549, ext. 4425

Frankfort, Ky. – A Kentucky Department of Fish and Wildlife Resources deer biologist who noticed discrepancies while analyzing 2006 hunter deer harvest data triggered an 18-month long state and federal law enforcement investigation that produced one of the largest wildlife penalties in state history last month in United States District Court, Owensboro.

Game Trails, a more than 12,000-acre Limited Liability Corporation commercial hunting preserve in Union and Crittenden counties, controlled by sole proprietor owner and then Thompson/Center Arms President and CEO Gregg Ritz, and its site manager, William Dirk McTavish, Jr., 43, of Paducah, paid $50,000 in fines after pleading guilty to numerous misdemeanor violations of the Lacey Act of taking wildlife unlawfully, and for making false statements to Kentucky officers about the takings and interstate transporting of wildlife.
United States Magistrate Judge E. Robert Goebel ordered that Game Trails LLC, pay a $35,000 fine and McTavish pay a $15,000 fine.

Robert Christopher Helms, 40, of Boonville , Indiana , and a former Game Trails guide, faces up to five years in federal prison after pleading guilty to a felony count of threatening a federal witness. His sentencing is scheduled for June 11.

Department wildlife and deer biologist David Yancy, in August 2007, noticed numerous inconsistencies while comparing and analyzing 2006 Telecheck deer harvest data with data that Game Trails LLC supplied to Quality Deer Management Association (QDMA) in Georgia .

Yancy and department Private Lands Wildlife Biologist Phillip Sharp raised these irregularities with Union County conservation officer Lt. Greg Noel. Noel, already familiar with Game Trails and the property, enlisted the help of Crittenden County officer Randy Conway. They began the lengthy process of reconciling the Telechecked deer harvest reports of Game Trails clients with information from QDMA.

Their investigation turned up numerous instances of Game Trails employees, their friends and family chronically taking over-limits of deer, outside hunting season parameters, supplying false information to Kentucky Fish and Wildlife and using social security numbers of Game Trails clients without their permission to Telecheck their deer harvests.

Noel and U.S. Fish and Wildlife Special Agent John Barham then discovered hundreds of deer jawbones and documentation tying them to Game Trails when they traveled to Atlanta, and served a federal search warrant at QDMA’s headquarters. By sending the jawbones to another state, Game Trails was guilty of transporting illegally taken deer out of state and triggered the Lacey Act violations.

Noel said that the property, bordered by about 4½ miles of Ohio River, was owned by Kimball International and leased to Ritz and sharecroppers. He said that the previous owner had used local draw hunting to manage the deer herd, but that Game Trails eliminated that practice because it interfered with its filming and big buck hunting routines. As a result, the herd grew quickly and Game Trails contacted QDMA to evaluate and make recommendations about improving the deer herd.

Game Trails then supplied QDMA with completed data sheets and jawbones of harvested deer. It was this data, discovered during Noel’s and Barham’s investigation, which conflicted with Telecheck data.

Noel says Game Trails has recently vacated the property and is moving its operations to Ohio.
Semper Fi, Matthew

Bows: TENPOINT Stealth XLT & Horton XS. Rifles: Savage Custom 116FL 300 Win.Mag w/ Harrell's MB, SGS Stock w/Comp.Lug and Comp Trigger. KW’s ExtMag, 30”Brux Barrel (.930”), 40MOA base, Seekin Rings, NightForce 5-22x50 w/NPR1

Previous

Return to Breaking News