deep voice

Tracks, Rubs, Scrapes, Trails, Etc.
vipermann7

deep voice

Postby vipermann7 » Wed Sep 03, 2008 6:06 pm

I just read a short, interesting article on MSN about a study done on deer. The study concluded that deer with deeper voices get "lucky" most often, and are also better fighters. I think a majority of the study was done on fallow deer, but I would imagine it would go across the board for most deer species. I just thought it was an interesting study. I always wonder how people think up the things to study that they do. I personally would never think of studying the depth of a deer's voice.

Sailfish

RE: deep voice

Postby Sailfish » Thu Sep 04, 2008 3:16 am

Maybe it started out as some grad student's thesis:

Deer with deep voices = more testosterone, therefore get more whitetail and are better fighters.

[8|]
"Go as far as you can see; when you get there, you'll be able to see farther."

ranwin33

Postby ranwin33 » Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:01 pm

ORIGINAL: vipermann7

I just read a short, interesting article on MSN about a study done on deer. The study concluded that deer with deeper voices get "lucky" most often, and are also better fighters. I think a majority of the study was done on fallow deer, but I would imagine it would go across the board for most deer species. I just thought it was an interesting study. I always wonder how people think up the things to study that they do. I personally would never think of studying the depth of a deer's voice.

Just like people (said with a deep baritone voice)[:)]

EatDeer

Postby EatDeer » Sat Sep 06, 2008 8:57 pm

That's something to think about when buying a grunt tube. I also noticed when the pro's call, most all  of them use a really deep sounding grunt tube.    
"Let a young buck go, so he can grow."

Archery_NUT

Postby Archery_NUT » Tue May 12, 2009 3:21 am

that is why i like the primos buck roar cause you can get a really deep gruntwith it

bad day of hunting beats a good day of school or work anytime

Return to All About Deer Sign