I thought I was dreaming

mag30079

I thought I was dreaming

Postby mag30079 » Thu Sep 04, 2008 3:32 am

Yesterday I got to work about 7:45am
I was working at a new building and have seen deer there before but not in a few years. Its a new building about 2 years old built by a nature reserve. As I pulled up in the truck, there was a deer about 50 yards by the swamp. It was a small 4 point still in velvet. I got out of my truck real slow and snuck over to the dumpsters to get a better look. The little 4 point went in the swamp and out of sight. I watched for 5 more minutes and a huge 8 point came out of the woods slowly. He was beautifull, real long tines about 10 or more inches long with nice inside spread. There has been rumors about this deer but seeing was believing. WOW

DeerCamp

RE: I thought I was dreaming

Postby DeerCamp » Thu Sep 04, 2008 5:17 pm

I know what you mean, Ive been seeing a lotta nice deer lately. It's to bad your not able to hunt those deer. However it's nice that you can watch them. To bad for that no baiting ban in Michigan, otherwise you could bait them and watch them from the office window. Helps pass the time and its always nice to see deer.
"If I pull the hammer and shoot this young buck, he's dead. But if I pass on him, the next hunter might not shoot so straight."

Return to Michigan