Season Ends January 15

ranwin33

Season Ends January 15

Postby ranwin33 » Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:27 pm

I plan to be in a treestand with my bow that weekend. Works great with MLK day being the following Monday.
“There are two spiritual dangers in not owning a farm. One is the danger of supposing that breakfast comes from the grocery, and the other that heat comes from the furnace.”
Aldo Leopold

ranwin33

Re: Season Ends January 15

Postby ranwin33 » Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:39 pm

Anybody else hunting this weekend?
“There are two spiritual dangers in not owning a farm. One is the danger of supposing that breakfast comes from the grocery, and the other that heat comes from the furnace.”
Aldo Leopold

MG11

Postby MG11 » Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:27 pm

I'm going to go but I hope it warms up a little, it's brutal out there today. Good luck to you!
A hunt based only on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be... time to commune with your inner soul as you share the outdoors with the birds, animals, and fish that live there. -Fred Bear

ranwin33

Postby ranwin33 » Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:10 pm

I don't mind the cold, but the wind is killing me.

Where are you hunting.
Aldo Leopold

MG11

Postby MG11 » Fri Jan 13, 2012 6:00 pm

Hillsboro, MO in Jefferson County. How about you?
A hunt based only on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be... time to commune with your inner soul as you share the outdoors with the birds, animals, and fish that live there. -Fred Bear

ranwin33

Postby ranwin33 » Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:58 am

Harrison County in NW Mo. About 2 miles south of the Iowa border.

Been out twice since Friday afternoon. Not a deer to be seen, but some snow on the ground, cold crisp air and no breeze makes sitting there enjoyable.
Aldo Leopold

Return to Missouri