IL., deer permits

EatDeer

IL., deer permits

Postby EatDeer » Wed Sep 03, 2008 10:24 am

Did anyone recieve thier deer tags for firearms season yet? My friends father has his tag already, but mine aren't here yet. If I don't get them soon, I'm calling the DNR![&o]
"Let a young buck go, so he can grow."

DeerCamp

RE: IL., deer permits

Postby DeerCamp » Wed Sep 03, 2008 11:43 am

you get them in the mail? how come you cant buy them at the store?
"If I pull the hammer and shoot this young buck, he's dead. But if I pass on him, the next hunter might not shoot so straight."

EatDeer

Postby EatDeer » Wed Sep 03, 2008 1:42 pm

We can buy archery tags over the counter, but firearms permits aren't sold over the counter. We have to apply directly through the DNR., for firearms season permits. Because its a lottery hunt, they don't always draw your name if they have to many applicants. I think its something like 200,000 permits they draw from, I'm not 100% sure how many. I also, think it's the states way of making sure legit lawful hunters are the ones buying the tags. Who knows why the state of IL, does any of the things they do! lol Anyway I checked with them and my tags are in the mail![:D] Now I just need to tie that monster buck up to a tree, under the stand! jk[;)]

Lot to Learn

Postby Lot to Learn » Wed Sep 03, 2008 2:49 pm

I have had my tags for at least a month. Shotgun and Muzzleloader.  Did you apply for 1st lottery?

howhill1

Postby howhill1 » Wed Sep 03, 2008 3:07 pm

they were scattered in gettin em out. i had buddys who got theirs around the first of august and i just got mine about a week ago(all 1st lotto)
"please join the N.R.A. as well as your state rifle association! these are critical times for ALL gun owners. Be informed, be active and stay vigilant"

Woods Walker

Postby Woods Walker » Wed Sep 03, 2008 6:23 pm

ORIGINAL: EatDeer

Did anyone recieve thier deer tags for firearms season yet? My friends father has his tag already, but mine aren't here yet. If I don't get them soon, I'm calling the DNR![&o]

"Calling the DNR"......like in Illinois, THAT is actually going to do you any good!

Last time I tried calling the Deer Permit Office in Springfield, I was automatically put on HOLD for 10 minutes or so, before the dang thing hung up on me. That happened two times in a row before I just gave up.

Blagosumbatch has got the Illinois DNR SOOOOO f.......uh, FOULED up, that they don't even have enough staff to answer the phones!

howhill1

Postby howhill1 » Thu Sep 04, 2008 12:29 am

i was told last year that after all the cuts there were two women handling all the permits for the entire state.

"please join the N.R.A. as well as your state rifle association! these are critical times for ALL gun owners. Be informed, be active and stay vigilant"

EatDeer

Postby EatDeer » Thu Sep 04, 2008 12:33 am

I applied for the first lottery, they were just late getting mine out, I guess. I didnt have any problem getting a hold of anyone there. I know one thing, I'm ready to put the hammer on a deer.[:)]   

hyguti

Postby hyguti » Thu Sep 04, 2008 1:29 pm

i got my shot gun tags like 2 weeks ago but my muzzle load i got about a month ago. if you did not get tag you can check if you got into the lottery. its on the illinois dnr and go to like hunting and tags info at bottom of page and put your name and birthday in login. than it will tell you if got tags for deer huntiing this year.
Hunting is not a sport. In a sport, both sides should know they're in the game.

"My idea of fast food is a mallard."

EatDeer

Postby EatDeer » Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:32 pm

Found the tags in the mail today![:D]

Next

Return to Illinois