Winchester Model 70

Talk about the best guns and ammunition for deer hunting!
ranwin33

RE: Winchester Model 70

Postby ranwin33 » Thu Sep 04, 2008 3:58 pm

Haven't seen one at Cabelas or Bass Pro - if your driving by the one's in KC/Olathe area.  Was at Bass Pro last night dropping off my bow.  Cabelas about a week ago.  I had read they were suppose to be out in June.

Mind if I ask where you work?

Robert Rowland

Postby Robert Rowland » Fri Sep 05, 2008 12:54 pm

I work 3 blocks south of Bass Pro on Kansas City Road.
It's called Luminous Neon.

ranwin33

Postby ranwin33 » Fri Sep 05, 2008 4:33 pm

I live in downtown Olathe - 5 blocks south of the courthouse.  Drive by your place of work every day on my way to work - JCCC.

Can't believe you make the drive all the way into Johnson County.  Gas has got to be killing you.  Or do you not live on your place in NW Missouri?

“There are two spiritual dangers in not owning a farm. One is the danger of supposing that breakfast comes from the grocery, and the other that heat comes from the furnace.”
Aldo Leopold

Robert Rowland

Postby Robert Rowland » Fri Sep 05, 2008 6:07 pm

It's 73 miles to the office, Mostly interstate. I drive a high milage car but it still takes over $100 every week.
Several years ago when I was doing sign installation work, I installed all the signs on the JCCC buildings. The big one on the east side of the auditorium was fun, we had a major wind storm while doint that one. We were on the roof securing the swing stage when someone opened the garage door below, the wind pressure was too great and one of the sets of smoke doors on the roof broke open right next to us. (scared the [email=#@$]#@$[/email]*&^ out of us) It took two maint guys, my parnter, and myself to hold one of the doors down while another guy chained them down from inside.

Previous

Return to Guns and Ammo