What is baiting.

What's the hunt looking like this year in your area? Share!
dtrain56

RE: What is baiting.

Postby dtrain56 » Fri Sep 05, 2008 5:32 pm

well, i got a bass boat and i'll use lures anyday over minnows and nine out of ten days i'll out fish you...i can fish and i fish a lot ...

again i use food plots and "don't illegally bait" because my state does not allow baiting..

but be honest...before you put that food plot there would you have hung a stand...NO you would not have

the food plot was put there to increase the likleyhood of killing a deer....you choose to bait legally and that is cool with me i do it

why do some of you guys think your more 'ethical" than the next guy??????

I am no better or worse then the guy who puts a 100 pound bag of corn in the woods...and i choose to not put myself above other hunters ethics

it is not for me to tell anyone what they should do in there house, what religion they should practice, or how they should hunt...

bait legal or other wise is just that bait!!!!!...are we so rightgeous to think we are above the websters dictionary....wow..popous doesn't begin to explain it

schlupis

Postby schlupis » Fri Sep 05, 2008 10:35 pm

Fasteddie then why would you use those things in the deer woods just to hear and smell the things for yourself. Isnt when you are using those things trying to get the deer to come in at a predetermined time ie like when you are on stand.....

fasteddie

Postby fasteddie » Sat Sep 06, 2008 9:42 am

I would much prefer to hunt over a bait pile , salt lick , feeder than to hunt the woods , edge of a food plot and use deer attractant , grunt tube or rattling sticks . I guess i am just envious of those who can BAIT and bring deer in to a pre-determined spot that could be pin-pointed with a GPS unit .....[8|]   [8|]

schlupis

Postby schlupis » Sat Sep 06, 2008 4:25 pm

I guess I misread your post...Good luck this year to you.

EatDeer

Postby EatDeer » Sun Sep 07, 2008 12:43 am

ORIGINAL: dtrain56

well, i got a bass boat and i'll use lures anyday over minnows and nine out of ten days i'll out fish you...i can fish and i fish a lot ...

again i use food plots and "don't illegally bait" because my state does not allow baiting..

but be honest...before you put that food plot there would you have hung a stand...NO you would not have

the food plot was put there to increase the likleyhood of killing a deer....you choose to bait legally and that is cool with me i do it

why do some of you guys think your more 'ethical" than the next guy??????

I am no better or worse then the guy who puts a 100 pound bag of corn in the woods...and i choose to not put myself above other hunters ethics

it is not for me to tell anyone what they should do in there house, what religion they should practice, or how they should hunt...

bait legal or other wise is just that bait!!!!!...are we so rightgeous to think we are above the websters dictionary....wow..popous doesn't begin to explain it

First of all no one is bringing religion or your household into this but you.  I've done all that bass fishing with lures.  Live "bait" minows win hands down...thats why you can't use them in a bass tornament.  Catching your limit of any gamefish when ice fishing with lures versus live minows is a joke too, I hope you like a empty bucket and frying pan.  I can put myself above other hunters ethics, because some other hunters have no ethics at all. Again, for the record I don't have stands over my plots. They don't produce daytime sightings anyway, that is not what my plots are designed to do, they are there to feed the deer for herd health reasons.  Besides, I've heard once you start shooting deer over a plot the deer wise up to it, and don't use the plot as often in the daytime or night. Now back to the topic. Bait piles consisting of  100+ pounds of corn is ten times more attractive than a food plot. I don't care how or where you put it out, the deer know it, I know it, and you should know it. You don't see the deer walking past the corn pile to go to a plot. Deer want a easy meal, and it doesnt get any easier then a dependable bucket or pile of shelled corn or apples as bait.       P.S.  I'm real sure websters was thinking about all the hunting issues conserning bait when they wrote the dictionary. [8|] 
"Let a young buck go, so he can grow."

Previous

Return to General Discussions