Poachers!

How can you become a better hunter? Find out here — and share your advice!
msbadger

RE: Poachers!

Postby msbadger » Fri Sep 05, 2008 4:42 pm

I was coming in about noon to make lunch for Mr. B. and I..... before going out again to hunt the afternoon...looked down the hill and a van was parked infront of my posted signs...told Mr.B..... I jumped in my truck and he in his ...I with hunter orange still on and shot gun shouldered went in to track him while Mr.B took plate #'s....tracked the guy through leaves to one of my upper mowed trails and he was hiding in brush...I said OH NO ya don't... step out now ...as I reached for pen and paper...The guy stepped out and saw I was a woman and puffed up his chest swagard toward me yelling " Who the hell do you think your are"...Well he didn't know his ex brother in-law had nearly shot me and then my daughter(her first time out) the week before...[:@] I promptly stepped forward grabbed the guys shoulder pulling him to me and in a deep rather nasty tone told him I owned this land and then pushed him so his back was to me and said Shut up I'm taking your tag #.....Well all kinds of I'm this and that and I 'm going here and there was being said...but he left my land with me at his side.... the way I said we were leaving.... and I chewed his ear off all the way...half way to his van he blurts out.... but but mam...can I talk to your husband.... he might be more reasonable...my response was HOW ANGERY DO YOU THINK YOU CAN MAKE ME!...get your [email=#$#$%$%@$]#$#$%$%@$[/email]@ in that van and wait for the cops....70.00 fine but never saw him again

Then one bow season Mr.B. is on front porch and yells out "is that guy peeing infront of the house?"...We have a 300ft drive way....I step out to see a guy standing in the bed of a small pick up and the driver getting out...Then the guy in the bed draws back and he has a bow in his hand ...Well the HEY!!!! I let out made them both jump!...they were drawing down on my Wht. GOATS in the pasture across the street.....Now I'm afraid of our hill ...it's steep but that day...my big dodge 4x4 left grooves in the drive and was on those guys in a flash...OHH MY God I was angry..[:@]...they were speeding down the road and the guy in the bed was jamming his bow through the rear sliding window and he tried to follow it...all I could see was his butt hanging out that rear window bouncing up and down .....they hit the intersection and turned but realized they couldn't out run me so pulled over....I brought the truck up to with in inches of his drivers door just as his buddy was jumping in the passenger side......I rolled down the electric window and screamed don't move!...Then let loose with such crazed threatening dialogue about my goats and shooting at my goats and lord only what else I said because the next thing I know was..... this guy repeating I'm sorry I'm sorry we weren't ...didn't mean and begging me to let them go....I yelled if I ever saw them on my road again I'd hunt them down and get out of the truck!...I then followed them... still too angry to remember to get the plate #[&:] they drove around the country side for near an hour before finally loosing me....never seen them again....boy did Mr.B chew me out when I got home...hhmmm shoot at my goats! I'm a a nice rational person....until my children...husband ..animals or land our messed with.... then I never forget nor forgive and if it takes 20yrs...payback... in a legal way....will occur....

dtrain56

Postby dtrain56 » Fri Sep 05, 2008 5:13 pm

I Caught a guy during turkey season at my camp. I live about two and a half hours away and because of my job I get up there at all kinds of weird times, sometimes weekdays sometmes weekends, light at night early mourning when ever..but to make a long story short

I got up to my camp early on a tuesday, and at the far end of my property i have a gate..a pickUp was parked there.. so i waited

this guy finally makes his way to his truck and i asked him what he was doing...he said he was putting minnnow traps in this pound he buddy said it was ok..I asked him who is friend was and he said the most common name in the world..Jon..well i said john doesn't own this land nor did he put up the posted signs on the gate..

I told him he should go get his minnow trap and take it some where else...he goes well i don't have a trap..smart guy ha..i said yu came here to put a minnow trap in this pond and you don't have a trap...

he finally admitted hunting on the property and he had left his stuff around the corner on my property...

I told him he could leave it right there and the cops would be bringing him his stuff...they did and i have not seen him again and i really haven't had to much activity on the property...trail cams have caught one truck in two years since...the cops visited him to

Goose

Postby Goose » Sat Sep 06, 2008 5:35 am

This is a problem we all face at one time or another I just wanna remind all of you what happened up here in WI a while back when people confronted trespassers. 6 dead and 8 wounded ! Always keep that in the back of your mind when confronting people with guns, you dont know them or their intentions. Be extremely cautious!!!!
Jake

Genesis 27:3 Take your bow and quiver full of arrows out into the open country, and hunt some wild game.....

howhill1

Postby howhill1 » Sat Sep 06, 2008 7:24 am

excellent post goose. how quick we forget. i myself never confront a tresspaser unarmed. if im not hunting im wearing a large bore pistol in plain view.
"please join the N.R.A. as well as your state rifle association! these are critical times for ALL gun owners. Be informed, be active and stay vigilant"

danesdad

Postby danesdad » Sat Sep 06, 2008 7:26 pm

ORIGINAL: Goose

This is a problem we all face at one time or another I just wanna remind all of you what happened up here in WI a while back when people confronted trespassers. 6 dead and 8 wounded ! Always keep that in the back of your mind when confronting people with guns, you dont know them or their intentions. Be extremely cautious!!!!

Good point.

Previous

Return to Best Practices