What's More Important......

What's the hunt looking like this year in your area? Share!
Woods Walker

What's More Important......

Postby Woods Walker » Sun Sep 14, 2008 4:32 pm

This was a thread on another archery forum I go to, and I'd like to see what all of you here think.......

What's more important for hunting, good effective camoflage, or movement?
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

>>>--------------------------------->
NRA Endowment Life Member

Goose

RE: What's More Important......

Postby Goose » Sun Sep 14, 2008 4:50 pm

In my opinion its without question movement BUT good camo that blends in well will certainly help with small movements, backround cover is a must and height of a stand can also allow more movement. Its really hard to say one for sure, you can have a deer 10yds away with blaze orange on and they might not know your there. I feel that camo can make or break you on certain occasions such as a deer staring at you after he catches you drawing back it will help in instances like that. If your out there doing jumping jacks or sitting still wearing "bad" camo with out a doubt youll be better off with the bad camo. Everything works together to make it good: wind,camo,stand height, cover, and movement.
Jake

Genesis 27:3 Take your bow and quiver full of arrows out into the open country, and hunt some wild game.....

Woods Walker

Postby Woods Walker » Sun Sep 14, 2008 4:53 pm

ORIGINAL: Goose

In my opinion its without question movement BUT good camo that blends in well will certainly help with small movements, backround cover is a must and height of a stand can also allow more movement. Its really hard to say one for sure, you can have a deer 10yds away with blaze orange on and they might not know your there. I feel that camo can make or break you on certain occasions such as a deer staring at you after he catches you drawing back it will help in instances like that. If your out there doing jumping jacks or sitting still wearing "bad" camo with out a doubt youll be better off with the bad camo. Everything works together to make it good: wind,camo,stand height, cover, and movement.

I hear you, but this is an "either/or" question, or at least that's how it was presented on the other forum.

fasteddie

Postby fasteddie » Sun Sep 14, 2008 5:05 pm

Movement would be more of a give away . You could sit perfectly still in regular clothes and possibly go unnoticed . I would say "no movement"  is more important .

PrairieShadow

Postby PrairieShadow » Sun Sep 14, 2008 5:08 pm

Movement for sure!! 

Look at the original stump sitters, They wore flannel shirts for camoflauge and blue jeans and we all know they took their fair share of giant bucks.

hunter480

Postby hunter480 » Sun Sep 14, 2008 5:11 pm

Movement.

buckhunter21

Postby buckhunter21 » Sun Sep 14, 2008 5:31 pm

I would def. have to say movement.  Like was previously posted, decades ago they didn't have the kind of camo that we have today.  Heck, sometimes hunters went out in their blue jeans and were able to harvest nice animals, and we all know how well deer see 'blue!'  Yes, by far movement!!!

JPH

Postby JPH » Mon Sep 15, 2008 2:53 am

Movement

JOEL

Postby JOEL » Mon Sep 15, 2008 2:54 am

movement hands down
"Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forest and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person." - Fred Bear

deerhunter713

Postby deerhunter713 » Mon Sep 15, 2008 4:34 am

Movement.  I've had deer walk within 10 yards of me when I've had hunter orange on and/or no camo.  They'll see you move every time though.

Next

Return to General Discussions