BOW SEASON

NYSupersportsman

RE: Bow Season

Postby NYSupersportsman » Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:55 am

I live in Chautauqua County. I have seen 6 different bucks between my trail camera and watching feilds this summer. There is tons of does also. The population is very high and I cant wait to get in my stands!!

msbadger

Postby msbadger » Wed Sep 17, 2008 4:05 pm

I'm in the steuben area and as par every year I haven't been much...one 8pt....6pt....4pt.
This doesn't worry me because I never see the big boys until the middle of Oct....last year I couldn't believe the number of big bucks I saw while on stand and in range...filled my tag Oct 18th...so perhaps I'll have luck opening day...[;)]

msbadger

Postby msbadger » Wed Sep 17, 2008 11:49 pm

Geezzz...between reading the rut prediction from Charlse A. and the news this AM putting us under a FREEZE warning ...my hopes for bow season are dwindling...I just don't know why NY can't just let us bow hunters in the southern zone start a week earlier...Mr. B. woke up at 2:30 nite before last to the sound of gun blasts...[&o][:@]

JOEL

Postby JOEL » Thu Sep 18, 2008 5:03 am

in suffolk Long Island it opens oct 1and in the daks it opens sept  27 its crazy all the different dates
"Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forest and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person." - Fred Bear

Eslerman

Postby Eslerman » Thu Sep 18, 2008 6:17 am

Oh that freeze warning has got me excited too.  I can't wait to be outside tonight and tomorrow morning to smell the air.  Hopefully it will jump start some nice foliage for the northern opener next weekend.  I'll be headed to an area outside of Tupper Lake where is shot a nice 7 pointer two years ago.  They're aren't a lot of them up there, but there is almost no pressure to speak of so you get to see the deer act as natural as anywhere in New York.  I think I'll throw my gear in the washer today so I can hang dry it over the next couple of nice dry days.  Oh baby

Es Dog

WayneL

Postby WayneL » Sun Sep 21, 2008 7:11 am

I live in Dutchess County but hunt mainly in Westchester. I have seen a lot of bucks in Dutchess this year. I have the itch. MY stands are all hung, my arrows are fletched and I'm practicing constantly. Can't wait until the 18th!

JOEL

Postby JOEL » Sun Sep 21, 2008 7:12 pm

dutchess has lots of good deer hunted a spot in lagrange was loaded with em
"Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forest and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person." - Fred Bear

kighty7

RE: bow season

Postby kighty7 » Mon Nov 02, 2009 6:51 am

I have always wondered this as well. I do not have an answer for that at all. That is one of the many reasons I also hunt Ohio.
Mathews Drenalin
Trophy Ridge 5 pin site
Rage 2 Blade
Left Handed Freak

tedo123

Postby tedo123 » Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:10 pm

I can't understand why we can't hunt sunday too!

Everyday Hunter

Postby Everyday Hunter » Wed Nov 11, 2009 3:07 pm

I don't know the answer to that. Only a few years ago the season ended two weeks earlier. I guess we're fortunate to be able to hunt the two weeks of November that we have, but next week won't offer us much to hunt. I think New York goes to Nov. 20.

Anybody going for archery bear?

Steve
When the Everyday Hunter isn't hunting, he's thinking about hunting, talking about hunting, dreaming about hunting, writing about hunting, or wishing he were hunting.

Next

Return to New Hampshire