First Bow Kill

Off Topic is the place for anything that doesn't quite fit into the other categories.
NHhunter

First Bow Kill

Postby NHhunter » Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:09 pm

This is my first ever post. I'm new to the forum and look forward to discussing deer hunting with others who enjoy the sport. I'm hoping to gain knowledge from experienced hunters.

I shot a doe for my first ever bow kill on 11/27/11! She dressed out at 113lbs. With the help of my 9 year old daughter, who loves going out in the woods hunting with me, I found the deer 75 yards from where I shot her. It's such an awesome experience harvesting a deer using a bow. I'm hoping I get the chance again next hunting season.

kellory

Re: First Bow Kill

Postby kellory » Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:42 pm

Welcolm to the forum. You are off to an excellent start! First bow kill. and you already have your daughter involved. Start 'em young. First bow kill, so you have hunted with a gun before this, so you do know what to do with the deer, and how to handle that. This is a friendly place, and PG rated so it is safe for kids too, with supervision of course. You will like it here, and there is a lot to learn here. So ask away, Someone will have an answer, and if not, we will figure it out together.
The only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker is observation. All the same data is present for both. The rest is understanding what you are seeing.

Woods Walker

Postby Woods Walker » Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:44 pm

Congrats on the deer and welcome! It sounds like you made a good clean kill if you found her within 75 yards, and you can't ask for better than that. May all your bow kills be made the same way!
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

>>>--------------------------------->
NRA Endowment Life Member

Ohio farms

Postby Ohio farms » Wed Jan 11, 2012 5:38 am

Sharing the experience with your daughter is great. Congratulations on your success and welcome to the Forum, it can be addicting.
Keep life simple...if you hear hoofbeats, think horses, not zebras.

Sailfish

Postby Sailfish » Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:53 am

Congrats on the kill and welcome to the Forum!
"Go as far as you can see; when you get there, you'll be able to see farther."

ranwin33

Postby ranwin33 » Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:55 am

I could not agree more, there is nothing like shooting a deer with a bow. Congratulations on your first kill and may many more follow.
“There are two spiritual dangers in not owning a farm. One is the danger of supposing that breakfast comes from the grocery, and the other that heat comes from the furnace.”
Aldo Leopold

bobow

Postby bobow » Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:28 am

Congrats to your first bow kill & your daughter's participation. I hope she enjoyed it.
Thomas Jefferson, 1774 July. "The God who gave us life, gave us liberty at the same time."

Life Member: NRA, ISRA; Member CCRA

Return to Off Topic