shoot through blinds

How can you become a better hunter? Find out here — and share your advice!
Brow Tine

RE: shoot through blinds

Postby Brow Tine » Fri Oct 03, 2008 5:58 am

[font=calibri]Thank You glad to be here[/font]
[font=calibri]Unfortunately I did not have any time (did not take the time) to practice through the screen.[/font]
[font=calibri]The shot was at an angle vs. straight through.  For now il have to keep the screen down until I can practice more.  I do feel that the screen will have some effect on the trajectory but I will have to test that some more after the season.[/font]
--Brow Tine

OHhunter

Postby OHhunter » Fri Oct 03, 2008 6:04 am

ORIGINAL: hunter480

ORIGINAL: Brow Tine

Hi first time poster...I shot throught the mesh at doe this past weekend and missed the deer.  Either I was shaking too bad.d.d.d..or it was the mesh..i think i was shaking.g.g. too bad...But with that said right after that I pulled the mesh down and prolly wont go with the mesh up throught my shooting lane areas.

Hey Brow Tine, welcome aboard! Good to have you with us.

Question for you.....did you practice at all before hunting, by shooting thru the mesh in a non-hunting situation?

I`m asking because, although I have the shoot thru mesh windows too, I`ve never shot thru them to see if/how it mkight affect the shot. I would guess though, that the degree the shot might be affected, if at all, would depend a lot on whether the shot was thraight thru the mesh, or if at a hard angle to it.

As to oHunters contention that shooting thru the mesh would have to affect the arrows flight, or create drag, I would think a whisker biscuit would affect arrow flight a whole lot more than shooting thru that flimsy mesh.

Just my thoughts on it.

That's exactly why I will not use a whisker biscuit.
Brad

HUNT HARD, SHOOT STRAIGHT, CLEAN KILL APOLOGIZE TO NO ONE

Brow Tine

Postby Brow Tine » Fri Oct 03, 2008 7:32 am

I use a WB also [X(]...for me it has done pretty well the last few years but after this season I am going to switch back to a drop away.  I like to deliver my arrows to the spot completely untouched

--Brow Tine

Previous

Return to Best Practices