Hunting Leases...

What's the hunt looking like this year in your area? Share!
buckhunter21

Hunting Leases...

Postby buckhunter21 » Fri Oct 17, 2008 10:10 am

I was curious if any of you knew of any good places to look to find some quality hunting leases?  I have been trying to find some online with limited luck.  I'm looking in WI mainly, with an outside shot at MN, IA, and IL.

Thanks!

DeerCamp

RE: Hunting Leases...

Postby DeerCamp » Fri Oct 17, 2008 3:34 pm

I was on cabelas web site a while ago.. They have a thing on there for finding land of lease and for sale..

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/content/community/inthefield/trophy_properties/home/ctp_home.jsp?cm_re=tripstagsprop*left*trophyproperties&ttpPage=ctp
"If I pull the hammer and shoot this young buck, he's dead. But if I pass on him, the next hunter might not shoot so straight."

Woods Walker

Postby Woods Walker » Fri Oct 17, 2008 4:46 pm

Better bring your checkbook....the one that has a LOT of money in it!
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

>>>--------------------------------->
NRA Endowment Life Member

ranwin33

Postby ranwin33 » Sat Oct 18, 2008 4:22 am

It's probably a long shot, but what you might consider doing is pulling a plat map of the county where you want to hunt.  Combine that with a aerial photo map of the area, then call the landowners of the properties you think might work. 

Other thing you might do is call the local grain/feed company and see if they might know any farmers who might be interested in leasing property. 

Sometimes going local will be more profitable then looking nationally. 
“There are two spiritual dangers in not owning a farm. One is the danger of supposing that breakfast comes from the grocery, and the other that heat comes from the furnace.”
Aldo Leopold

DeanoZ

Postby DeanoZ » Sat Oct 18, 2008 4:28 pm

I would try Craigslist...do a search for "Hunting" and depending on the area your looking for and time of the year you'll find posts of people willing to lease their land for hunters.

Demoderby4

Postby Demoderby4 » Mon Oct 20, 2008 6:11 am

Be careful with Craigslist, i put an ad on there a few months back and got at least 10 "spam" type replies saying they had "what i was looking for" none of them were legit, it was rather annoying. Not worth the time and hassle imo. 

EatDeer

Postby EatDeer » Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:59 am

ORIGINAL: buckhunter21

I was curious if any of you knew of any good places to look to find some quality hunting leases?  I have been trying to find some online with limited luck.  I'm looking in WI mainly, with an outside shot at MN, IA, and IL.

Thanks!
The D&D hunting website has a link to a few deer hunting outfitters in several states. I know of a local deer hunting outfitter located in Plymouth, IL.(Adams County) you should be able to search for the IL.-outfitters websites on the net. I imagine the outfitters hunting days are just about all booked up for this year. Most of the hunting leases around here are all bought up by big time outfitters, good luck! 
"Let a young buck go, so he can grow."

buckhunter21

Postby buckhunter21 » Mon Oct 20, 2008 3:53 pm

Thanks for all the advice guys!  I'm not looking for an outfitter though, just some land to lease.  I'd like to do my own work with the scouting, hanging stands, etc.  Not big on 'paying' someone to put me on a deer...So, if you know of any other places to look online or anywhere else please let me know.  Thanks!

Return to General Discussions