Mounts

Discuss articles and commentaries from our recent issues!
EatDeer

Mounts

Postby EatDeer » Sat Jun 07, 2008 8:31 pm

That letter in the editor's stump section in the june issue makes good points about buying/selling mounts. In the tri state area of IL.IA.MO. an increaseing number of trophy deer mounts have been stolen. It's really sickening that someone would steal trophies, even more sickening is that they are finding buyers for the stolen goods.

schlupis

RE: Mounts

Postby schlupis » Mon Sep 08, 2008 11:31 pm

I read a similar article I dont remember what mag I think north american whitetail about mounts being stolen in Iowa simply a crappy thing to do how do people look at the mount and feel good about themselves knowing they stole sombodys trophy deer..

Similar things happen in WI just about every year I here about sombodys big buck being stolen from the back of their truck or meat pole... Even had a buddy get his 170 class taken out in the field he was tracking the deer and came to a hill leading into a open field stopped to look around set his gun by a tree and then saw two guys in the field a 100 yards away looking at the ground. he left his gun leaning against the tree and took off running. when he got to the guys they were field dressing his deer. when he asked them what they were doing they said my buddy just shot this deer.. my buddy said no he didnt I have been following the blood trail I shot it. He didnt want to get into a argument with two guys he doesnt know with guns, so he let them take the deer...

JOEL

Postby JOEL » Tue Sep 09, 2008 12:45 am

very disturbing,both stories[:@]
"Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forest and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person." - Fred Bear

passin through

Postby passin through » Tue Sep 09, 2008 4:01 am

Sorry _ssed individuals is what it is.  I don't have a Booner on the wall but if I caught someone stealing what I have  worked so very hard to hunt and now treasure as a keepsake of those hunts.......well put it like this, providing I found me an understanding taxidermist.  I would have a specimen of "cat burglar" up on the wall beside my two whitetails[:D]

howhill1

Postby howhill1 » Tue Sep 09, 2008 2:00 pm

i seem to remeber d&dh doing an art on hunters arguing over deer in the field, blows and shots have been fired over this. antler obsession is hard wired into us. type in antlers on ebay sometime. its definitely a huge market and i dont anticipate it going away anytime soon.
"please join the N.R.A. as well as your state rifle association! these are critical times for ALL gun owners. Be informed, be active and stay vigilant"

Return to Deer & Deer Hunting Features