hows everyone shooting?

How can you become a better hunter? Find out here — and share your advice!
mhouck06

RE: hows everyone shooting?

Postby mhouck06 » Mon Jul 07, 2008 4:26 am

Just got my hoyt katera and compared to my high country, im already shooting better groups. i think its due to the 75% let off and the smoothness of the shot, no vibration or "jumping" effect at all, bow hardly moves after the shot. Plus it has a IBO speed of 330 fps and i have it shooting at 317, plenty fast for me [;)]

hunter480

Postby hunter480 » Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:35 am

Awesome news! Congratulations on the new bow, and I`ve heard Hoyt makes a great one.

gard73

Postby gard73 » Tue Jul 08, 2008 2:11 pm

Me and a couple friends shoot a 3-D course about every 2 weeks. Thanks to gas prices. Probably the best practice you can get. Estimate the distance and let the arrow fly. If you're wrong you'll know in a second or two. Gives you some excersize aslo. They are allot of fun go in the mornings if possibly it's cooler and bring bug spray. Been lacking on the daily practice the girlfriend thinks I need to get the house fixed up or something like that. Going to the Rinehart 100 in september can't wait to smoke a giraffe and all the other neat targets they have.

Highlander Archery

Postby Highlander Archery » Wed Jul 09, 2008 4:40 pm

The Hoyts are some of the best bows made. If you are shooting 317 out of it accurately you should excel at all forms of archery, just dont shoot ASA cause they max at 280fps

DeerCamp

Postby DeerCamp » Thu Jul 17, 2008 5:26 pm

i agree, id shoot a hoyt any day of the week over any other bow...

1.hoyt
2.alpine

those are my 1,2 punch for bows...wouldnt have it anyother way..i just bought the alpine this year so well see how she compars to the hoyt.
"If I pull the hammer and shoot this young buck, he's dead. But if I pass on him, the next hunter might not shoot so straight."

OHhunter

Postby OHhunter » Fri Jul 18, 2008 5:30 pm

ORIGINAL: DeerCamp

i agree, id shoot a hoyt any day of the week over any other bow...

1.hoyt
2.alpine

those are my 1,2 punch for bows...wouldnt have it anyother way..i just bought the alpine this year so well see how she compars to the hoyt.

Come on give mathews some luv,  I shoot a mathews switchback. I rank hoyt a close second.

otwitw

Postby otwitw » Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:07 am

ya i agree its good to change it up a bit, but im only shooting out to 60 yard.
anyways its lookin good, im dead on out to 60. When you add in the shake factor i will only shoot a deer out to 50 though.
->>>----------->

Blazed

Postby Blazed » Tue Sep 09, 2008 10:11 am

I was shooting excellent , tight groups, out to 20 yards. Shooting 6 days a week. Then with a week to opening day I shoot and every group is low and right. (I'm Left handed). I would just move my sight pin, but my pin is at the lowest it will go in it bracket. I'm not sure what happened to cause the low groups. I had been shoot great all summer. Now I'm freaking out with only 5 days left to season and I have a summer pattern on some bucks! 

JOEL

Postby JOEL » Tue Sep 09, 2008 10:30 am

maybe you hit the whole sight?or the string streatched
"Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forest and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person." - Fred Bear

Woods Walker

Postby Woods Walker » Tue Sep 09, 2008 4:59 pm

ORIGINAL: scotman

Thanks Woods Walker I didn't even think about me holding my elbow too high. When I fling a few today I will be definately keeping your advice in mind.

Scotman: Are you still having any problems with your finger? Hopefully not!

PreviousNext

Return to Best Practices