naiveness of non-hunters

What's the hunt looking like this year in your area? Share!
Woods Walker

RE: naiveness of non-hunters

Postby Woods Walker » Wed Sep 10, 2008 3:50 am

For what it's worth, he's another point of view that I sometimes use......

A deer, IS GOING TO DIE.  That CANNOT be changed. The only thing that can be altered is HOW.

A deer in the wild has only a few options for a "natural" death. NONE of them are pleasant, and most all of them are violent. The ones that are not violent are drawn out and agonizing, and ironcially ARE mercifully ended sometimes in a violent way (coyotes or wolves taking down a half-starved animal for example).

For those of us that have done it, we are well aware of the speed of quick death caused by a well placed bullet/slug/broadhead. It is incumbent upon us as ETHICAL hunters to do everything humanly possible to insure that this does in fact happen.
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

>>>--------------------------------->
NRA Endowment Life Member

mag30079

Postby mag30079 » Wed Sep 10, 2008 3:57 am

Very well said Woods Walker.

Woods Walker

Postby Woods Walker » Wed Sep 10, 2008 5:21 am

Thank you.

tbone3

Postby tbone3 » Wed Sep 10, 2008 5:52 am

Well i must say that we have alot of that going on here in Virginia and people just don't realize what could happen without hunting.  They don't look at the problems that a overpopulated deer herd can do.  But you are always gonna have someone who thinks that hunting is cruel and that there should be no hunting season at all.  That is just the way it goes.

EatDeer

Postby EatDeer » Thu Sep 11, 2008 1:03 am

Nothing against your friend or anything, but the anti's learned how to disapprove of hunting in school. Maybe the teachers should have taught students about the effects of over population on herd health instead.  I can remember being looked down more than once by my peers in school, because I hunted.  Never ceases to amaze me with all the cows, and farm animals slaughterd every year in small confinements, that the peta types have to bring thier front lines to attack the deer hunters. 
"Let a young buck go, so he can grow."

kellory

Re: RE: naiveness of non-hunters

Postby kellory » Sat May 11, 2013 11:08 am

EatDeer wrote:You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink.[;)]

You can lead a non-hunter to knowledge, but you can't make 'em think. ;)
The only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker is observation. All the same data is present for both. The rest is understanding what you are seeing.

Sierra

Re: RE: naiveness of non-hunters

Postby Sierra » Sat May 11, 2013 11:59 am

vambo991 wrote:Don't worry, Viperman. Non-hunters are like Cub fans... normal people just can't relate to them.

But as a Cubs fan, I must point out that it means you believe that one day they will get it eventually. ;-)
And then the moon, like to a silver bow new bent in Heaven

Previous

Return to General Discussions