Gun hunters being kicked around by archery hunters...again!

kellory

Re: Gun hunters being kicked around by archery hunters...aga

Postby kellory » Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:04 am

I'm sorry, did you just say WHITE hat? From the stand point of hunting deer, or what is best for the proliferation of crossbows, I would have to place you on the other side of the isle. So go ahead and offer that sack lunch, it could be the last meal of crossbows in WI. :(
The only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker is observation. All the same data is present for both. The rest is understanding what you are seeing.

Drhunter2k

Postby Drhunter2k » Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:48 am

Kellory, It's just a matter of time before Wisconsin gets in line and allows crossbows during our archery season. Overall, Retch is fighting a losing battle. Maybe not this year or next but it is evident that it's coming. More and more hunters that I have talked to are waiting for the crossbow to be allowed during the archery season.

Ben Sobieck

Postby Ben Sobieck » Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:13 am

OK, guys, stick to discussion of policy and not personal attacks. Next step is closing the thread.

kellory

Postby kellory » Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:27 am

Don't worry ben, I :shock: 'll be good. Sorry.
The only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker is observation. All the same data is present for both. The rest is understanding what you are seeing.

retch sweeny

Postby retch sweeny » Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:19 pm

OK, so I was able to swing it to take an early and long lunch to attend the hearing on the bill. Bob Stout, I can save you a seat or I can meet you in the rotunda, say around 10:30 and we can walk up to the hearing room to get a seat. We can go out for lunch afterwards.

http://committeeschedule.legis.wisconsi ... 18274.html

kellory

Postby kellory » Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:49 pm

Drhunter2k wrote:Kellory, It's just a matter of time before Wisconsin gets in line and allows crossbows during our archery season. Overall, Retch is fighting a losing battle. Maybe not this year or next but it is evident that it's coming. More and more hunters that I have talked to are waiting for the crossbow to be allowed during the archery season.
............................................................................................................................................................Then gentlemen, I have armed you with logic, physics, and history, I have given voice to your defense. But remember, it IS your defense, not mine. I am not of your state, nor I am not subject to these fickle rules. I have only the defense of a fine weapon, who's reputation was being sullied, much like the AK47 when it went onto the banned list, though it had never been used in a crime. You gentlemen need to find your voice, and protect your herritage, your choices, and your rights. I can not do it for you. Follow the rules, but fight for represetation at these meetings that shape your future. remember always, you must fight in every generation to keep your rights, and only one generation in which to lose them. I will step away here, and let you stand on your own from here . :|

retch sweeny

Postby retch sweeny » Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:01 pm

I'm afraid your all they got. A non-resident. They should hire you to come to the hearing tomorrow. ;)

kellory

Postby kellory » Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:27 pm

retch sweeny wrote:I'm afraid your all they got. A non-resident. They should hire you to come to the hearing tomorrow. ;)

No, I decline. Politics always leave me feeling like I need a bath. I will leave you with one last though on this thread. If I was forced, as these men may be by this bill, to hunt high pressured deer at mid to long range running shots, I would give up the crossbow as inhumane. I owe that deer a clean kill, and it is the wrong weapon for that kind of shot. :(

retch sweeny

Postby retch sweeny » Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:56 pm

Yesterday a hearing was held to talk about improvements to several WI hunting seasons. The bill allows for increased weapons choices for Wisconsin’s huntable species. The hearing room was filled with energized sportsmen that traveled to Madison to discuss the bill. Early reports indicate overwhelming support for the bill. Approximately 40 people, and organizations registered in favor of the bill.

The bill was supported by

WBH

The WI Bear hunters association

WI chapters of Safari Club International

Grant County sportsman’s alliance

Game Getters Sportsmen’s club

Dairyland cooperative

Coulee archers

Bigfoot archers Inc.

Wisconsin Wildlife Federation

as well as a several farming interests including

the pork producers association

the potato and vegetable growers association

The cranberry industry

Assembly Rep. Gary Tauchen

As well as State Senator Schultz.

Only one org registered in opposition and it was the Wisconsin crossbow club . the purpose for the hearing is to gauge public support or opposition for the bill in question. The level of support was pretty clear.

The event was mentioned by the Wisconsin Radio Network. And includes audio explaining the level of public support for the types of changes mentioned in the bill and how its gathered.

http://www.wrn.com/2012/01/hunters-grou ... pons-bill/

SirDario

Postby SirDario » Fri Jan 20, 2012 7:58 am

kellory wrote:I owe that deer a clean kill, and it is the wrong weapon for that kind of shot.

Oh! That's a lil bit inhumane. But in political basis, that the best thing to do.
Be kind and respect them.

PreviousNext

Return to Wisconsin