Some pic. of my work

Double Barrel

RE: Some pic. of my work

Postby Double Barrel » Thu Sep 11, 2008 11:20 am

Yes Eatdeer those are my shoulder mounts. I do lifesize and all game mammals and turkeys and all fish. Yes I do all my own tanning. For my deers is use Krowtan deer formula. I love that stuff.

dtrain56

Postby dtrain56 » Thu Sep 11, 2008 3:10 pm

The ears might look that way because of angle of picture..like yours it looks even better in person...

obviously year racks are more impressive..could also be why ears look funny to you..personally i love the detail cause that is really what it looked like before i killed it.

this is a good deer for my area..though i have gotten pics of a couple of 140-150 class deer it is very rare

EatDeer

Postby EatDeer » Thu Sep 11, 2008 11:42 pm

ORIGINAL: Double Barrel

Yes Eatdeer those are my shoulder mounts. I do lifesize and all game mammals and turkeys and all fish. Yes I do all my own tanning. For my deers is use Krowtan deer formula. I love that stuff.
What do you mean "lifesize" are you meaning full body mounts? You must be pretty good if your mounting turkeys too, btw. Speaking of mammals last season my father, and a couple other taxidermists from the area, got a phone call about mounting a albino river otter! I suspected it was a rouse by the DNR, to set up a bust, kind of a funny way of going about it, if you ask me. Did you get one of those "sting" calls last season?  
"Let a young buck go, so he can grow."

EatDeer

Postby EatDeer » Thu Sep 11, 2008 11:47 pm

ORIGINAL: dtrain56

The ears might look that way because of angle of picture..like yours it looks even better in person...

obviously year racks are more impressive..could also be why ears look funny to you..personally i love the detail cause that is really what it looked like before i killed it.

this is a good deer for my area..though i have gotten pics of a couple of 140-150 class deer it is very rare
I didn't mean I didnt like the mount, I think it looks great. I just meant my personal tastes aren't for the tighter faces, and larger ear liners, no offence meant. I bet your right about the rack size and angle of the picture, maybe you could post a pic of the deer facing strait at you? 
"Let a young buck go, so he can grow."

vambo991

Postby vambo991 » Sat Sep 13, 2008 9:33 am

nah, it looks good, handsome mount. more narrow ears make the rack look bigger... that's all

Previous

Return to Illinois