What does this look like to you

allthingshunting

RE: What does this look like to you

Postby allthingshunting » Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:01 am

baby moose?  sorry don't see that one at all.  I would say it is a fox with the mange.  This would explain the furless tail.

Squirrelhawker

Postby Squirrelhawker » Tue Sep 09, 2008 8:18 am

Looks like a young red fox in a crouch to me.

ChasePhase

Postby ChasePhase » Fri Sep 12, 2008 2:23 am

I say mutant 315er fox. Have not seen them here in Webster.

fasteddie

Postby fasteddie » Fri Sep 12, 2008 5:32 am

It could be one of your "585" Coy Dogs from Webster that made into our county  .  [8|]  [8|]

NYarcher

Postby NYarcher » Sat Oct 11, 2008 2:00 pm

from what i can see, from the high shoulder blades to the light color under the chin and on the neck along with what seems like a long even width tail, it appears to be feline. Are you in Niagara county eddie? I reside in genesee and stories have reached here about sightings in niagara of a possible cougar on the prowl.

fasteddie

Postby fasteddie » Sat Oct 11, 2008 3:52 pm

I am in Ontario , NY ------ east of Webster and just North of Rt 104 , 2 miles south of Lake Ontario.........

NYarcher

Postby NYarcher » Sun Oct 12, 2008 2:48 am

several years back, myself and others here in WNY had heard that the DEC had released 5 mating pairs of cougars to help control deer populations due to the reduction of hunters in NY. I believe Colorado is where i heard they came from. several farmers had reported the loss of livestock as well as sightings of the big cats but the DEC told them they didnt know what they were talking about. Of course the DEC wouldnt confirm it because the public would panic and the farmers would go through the roof. Now we all know how heresay works but since that came to light, more reports have surfaced as well as photos which have appeared on the news. take this info for what its worth but i wouldnt doubt if you had a cat on the prowl. only hard evidence in the woods with your own 2 eyes can confirm this be it tracks, dead animals, scat or seeing the cat for yourself.
Venison - the other red meat

Previous

Return to New York