400-Inch Enclosure Buck

What's the hunt looking like this year in your area? Share!
JPH

RE: 400-Inch Enclosure Buck

Postby JPH » Fri Sep 12, 2008 6:40 am

Question: Now that you've seen the video, what are your thoughts on this
buck and the conditions in which it was raised
?

I think the question was open to comments from every direction. But it was not a question re. hunting, per se.

Woods Walker

Postby Woods Walker » Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:55 am

ORIGINAL: JPH

Question: Now that you've seen the video, what are your thoughts on this
buck and the conditions in which it was raised
?

OK then, two words........"LAB RAT"

For that matter, as long as were going to make a science freak show out of a deer, why not give it TWO heads like that! 

That ought to "wow 'em" on the TV shows!

I think the question was open to comments from every direction. But it was not a question re. hunting, per se.
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

>>>--------------------------------->
NRA Endowment Life Member

Goose

Postby Goose » Fri Sep 12, 2008 12:26 pm

Come on woodswalker, how do we know what they have done do that deer, good nutrition, selective breeding, no stress can do wonders. Like it has been stated before these enclosed deer have done more for us hunters in terms of knowledge than anything else. Almost all of factual artilcles published with research backing them up are due to enclosures where the animal can be studied. We owe alot to the researchers and their enclosures. Just my 2 cents!
Jake

Genesis 27:3 Take your bow and quiver full of arrows out into the open country, and hunt some wild game.....

JPH

Postby JPH » Fri Sep 12, 2008 2:17 pm

Hey Woods Walker, may I suggest changing your font back to the default size? Maybe it's just me, but it comes off like you are shouting and adds a shrill tone to your posts.

I do not think this your intent, so please take this as friendly advice.

Woods Walker

Postby Woods Walker » Fri Sep 12, 2008 3:54 pm

Sorry, but it's easier on these old eyes. One day you all will be old and decrepit too!! [;)]

Kydeerhunter03

Postby Kydeerhunter03 » Fri Sep 12, 2008 4:04 pm

Personally I think the deer looks miserable. I would rather have a nice clean 10 point on my wall that scores 140 than that thing lol. I dont even understand the point of high-fenced hunting. Why put all the money into deer that cant even be entered into a record book?

I would rather hunt my guts out and come home empty handed, then shoot a deer on a high fenced ranch. Its just not fair.

I aint saying that this is what this ranch does and by no means am I accusing them of doing so. I just know that there are places out there that raise HUGE deer and put them into some small enclosure just to be shot. Not fair at all.

fasteddie

Postby fasteddie » Fri Sep 12, 2008 4:12 pm

WWJHD ------- What would Jimmy Houston do ? [8|]

JPH

Postby JPH » Sat Sep 13, 2008 2:50 am

ORIGINAL: Woods Walker

Sorry, but it's easier on these old eyes. One day you all will be old and decrepit too!! [;)]

Okay, I understand. Thanks for not taking offense. [8D]

vambo991

Postby vambo991 » Sat Sep 13, 2008 10:36 am

I don't know if this is true, but I've heard that people are buying trophy sperm from farms like this for upwards of $10,000 a shot. You just know that this bucks DNA will end up on some outfitter properties in Texas and other states... and those bucks will be "legally harvested". It's all more than a little weird to me.

Woods Walker

Postby Woods Walker » Sat Sep 13, 2008 4:37 pm

ORIGINAL: vambo991

I don't know if this is true, but I've heard that people are buying trophy sperm from farms like this for upwards of $10,000 a shot. You just know that this bucks DNA will end up on some outfitter properties in Texas and other states... and those bucks will be "legally harvested". It's all more than a little weird to me.

Of course they are! Why in Heaven's name would anyone invest that kind of $$$ in anything, unless it was to MAKE MONEY. At the very least, they have to recoup their investment.

A certain radio show host that I listen to made this VERY accurate statement, that has proven true everytime I've needed to figure out the "why" about almost anything,

"If you want to know the answer to any question, FOLLOW THE DOLLARS."
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

>>>--------------------------------->
NRA Endowment Life Member

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions