Crossbow shooter shoots man mistaken for deer

kellory

Re: Crossbow shooter shoots man mistaken for deer

Postby kellory » Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:12 pm

retch sweeny wrote:And another. this time in MI.

http://thinkingafield.org/2012/01/michi ... ssbow.html

9:45 a.m. UPDATE– Police are concluding that the crossbow-shooting death of a northern Michigan man Tuesday in Howell was a suicide. "53 years old and left a note." NEXT!
The only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker is observation. All the same data is present for both. The rest is understanding what you are seeing.

kellory

Postby kellory » Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:26 pm

A MAN from Aberdeen, Washington, is accused of slaying an 88 year old with a crossbow then attacking the victim's 83-year-old wife with a hatchet.

John F. Chase, who told police he had "killed the demons" following the alleged attack, was arrested and charged with second-degree murder following Friday's attack, KCPQ-TV reported.
Yeah, Retch, I can see here how the crossbow made all the diffrence! The hatchet was too slow, too short a reach. By the way, what's the bag limit on old people? A buck and a doe? (sarcasm)
The only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker is observation. All the same data is present for both. The rest is understanding what you are seeing.

kellory

Postby kellory » Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:38 pm

OK< a man is murdered, inside an occupied library full of moms and kids, and uses a pistol type crossbow and pepperspray. This weapon is ileagal to start with in Toranto "According to the RCMP, "crossbows that can be aimed and fired with one hand and crossbows with an overall length of 500 mm or less are prohibited. You cannot lawfully possess or acquire a prohibited crossbow."
"You do not need a valid licence or registration certificate to possess any other type of bow, including a crossbow that is longer than 500 mm and that requires the use of both hands. " Still not seeing any connection to hunting with a crossbow, or man being shot by mistake. This was a clear assination."

kellory

Postby kellory » Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:51 pm

retch sweeny wrote:From What I understand Australia has banned crossbows. Here we read of a Aussie man that killed another with a crossbow.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/m ... 1118912021

A MAN has died after being shot in the chest with a crossbow in Karratha in Western Australia's northwest.

Police said the arrow passed right through the 26-year-old victim and he died almost immediately.

A 27-year-old man has been charged with murder over the attack and was due to appear in the Karratha Magistrates Court today.

A police spokesman said the attack was sparked by a domestic dispute last night.

"It will be alleged that a 26-year-old Karratha man and his friend attended the Matebore Street home just after 7pm (WST) to confront a resident of the house over a domestic issue," the spokesman said.

"The offender was in his bedroom and heard his brother arguing at the front of the house with the two men."

The charged man then allegedly armed himself with a crossbow and approached the other two men as they were leaving the house.

Police said he followed them to the driveway of the house where he allegedly shot the 26-year-old in the chest.

An ambulance was called to the scene but the victim died from his injuries." Man goes uverboard in defense of a family member. Again, nothing hunting related, and again, no accidents. This is starting to sound like crossbows are the safest weapon to own. What 5 instances in 3 countries? and only one was an accident caused by stupidity? Sounds like an excelent track record to me.!

Dan Salmon

Postby Dan Salmon » Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:37 pm

Sad, sad, sad...

retch sweeny

Postby retch sweeny » Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:13 pm

I agree dan. The more I look into these, the more troubling it gets.

Dan Salmon

Postby Dan Salmon » Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:26 pm

No, you misunderstood. The sad part is that you have someone that pays you to waste time and effort fishing the internet for loaded crap like this.

Also, it's sad that your response was exactly what I figured was coming. Predictable and pathetic. It's too bad you don't put as much effort into making good things happen for hunters in Wisconsin as you do stirring turds on the internet.

retch sweeny

Postby retch sweeny » Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:42 am

Dan Salmon wrote: It's too bad you don't put as much effort into making good things happen for hunters in Wisconsin as you do stirring turds on the internet.

Making good things happen for WI huntesr is all I do lately. Visting the web is just something I do in my spare time.

The future is so bright I gotta wear shades. :geek:

I think your feeling guilty because you dont do good things for hunters in WI but still come here to complain about those active and invloved folks making a difference.

Deebz

Postby Deebz » Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:08 pm

Every link you posted about crossbow deaths had ZERO to do with hunting, or were even hunting related. From the descriptions of the crossbows used, they seem to be the hand held pistol type, which are NOT used in a hunting situation.

It is sad and terrible that the world includes people who commit murder. It's also sad that the world contains people who make ridiculous statements and spread misinformation...
"When a hunter is in a tree stand with high moral values and with the proper hunting ethics and richer for the experience, that hunter is 20 feet closer to God." ~Fred Bear

Jslotter

Postby Jslotter » Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:59 pm

Is this how WBH gets their support? By plugging up the boards with arguments and trolling? Is this standard protocol for WBH members? If so, I want nothing to with them or their "support".
I only hunt on days that end in ' Y '.

PreviousNext

Return to Wisconsin