score this one

Share your photos of trophies and just plain strange deer!
hyguti

score this one

Postby hyguti » Sat Sep 13, 2008 12:32 pm

i am positive what score he is but i will give you guys a chance.
Hunting is not a sport. In a sport, both sides should know they're in the game.

"My idea of fast food is a mallard."

hyguti

RE: score this one

Postby hyguti » Sat Sep 13, 2008 12:33 pm

here is pic

JPH

Postby JPH » Sat Sep 13, 2008 12:40 pm

I am no good at field scoring anything beyond 170".

He is well beyond that. [:D]

I'm even more curious to know how old he is. His body does not look to be any older than 3.5-4.5 to me. But I find it amazing that he could develop those antlers that fast.

Is it a wild deer?

buckhunter21

Postby buckhunter21 » Sat Sep 13, 2008 1:34 pm

187"[:)]

howhill1

Postby howhill1 » Sat Sep 13, 2008 2:07 pm

would like to see a frontal shot before i layed a measurement guess down. but hes definitely a shooter.
"please join the N.R.A. as well as your state rifle association! these are critical times for ALL gun owners. Be informed, be active and stay vigilant"

EatDeer

Postby EatDeer » Sat Sep 13, 2008 5:56 pm

ORIGINAL: JPH

I am no good at field scoring anything beyond 170".

He is well beyond that. [:D]

I'm even more curious to know how old he is. His body does not look to be any older than 3.5-4.5 to me. But I find it amazing that he could develop those antlers that fast.

Is it a wild deer?
I was thinking 4.5, but his body could be more filled out, it's hard to tell if it's early in the year. I'm guessing around 190" inches. Hyguti, How do you know the size already, I thought you were going to hunt him this season?
"Let a young buck go, so he can grow."

djohns13

Postby djohns13 » Sun Sep 14, 2008 2:31 am

Age and score are more than enough for me.  He is the kind of buck that buck fever was named for.  Great luck.

Good shooting.
Darren Johnson
Internet Pro Staff Member - Indiana

Glad to talk to all of you, but I'd rather be sitting in a tree stand on a cool morning trying not to move so that the bruiser buck directly below me doesn't figure out that I am watching him!

hyguti

Postby hyguti » Sun Sep 14, 2008 8:18 am

i dont know score i am positive of score from looking at trail cam photo. i learned in a photo class how to get the the size of objects. in one epiode of myth busters he made a cage of the exact from jaws movie from photo that like what i learned

hyguti

Postby hyguti » Sun Sep 14, 2008 8:20 am

from the photo class i got him to estimate about 196 but i bet hesmore because i just doubled the one side.

EatDeer

Postby EatDeer » Mon Sep 15, 2008 1:09 am

I see, its a estimated guess from the veiw of one side of the antlers, with-out actual measurements. Ok, but if the deer has a abnormaly small body or head(or vice-versa) how can you be really be that sure of the antlers score? For another instance, when I see a big trophy Canadian whitetail on film. Many times I assume the rack is not as large, because the massive bodies of northern deer make the antlers appear smaller when trying to judge the antler size of a live deer on the hoof. I've had ground swellage, or shrinkage really suprise me on many occasions, an that is with viewing the deer in person. I guess once you have him scored with tape, we will know for positive. Still he does appear to be near the 190" class.   P.S. I noticed his front right side hoof looks funny. Hopefully the deer isn't just big antlered on one side of his rack due to a injury. Do you have any views from both sides of the rack?
"Let a young buck go, so he can grow."

Next

Return to Photo Corner