400-Inch Enclosure Buck

What's the hunt looking like this year in your area? Share!
HiddenHornsRanch

RE: 400-Inch Enclosure Buck

Postby HiddenHornsRanch » Sat Sep 13, 2008 4:47 pm

Yes, I know first hand there are many outfitters here vying to get that DNA and just plant them in their does. Personally, I feel that this is like a genetic freak of nature. Honestly carrying all that head gear around has to be uncomftorable. And if it wasnt for the protein he wouldnt have that headgear on his head. It just makes the deer look ugly sometimes. And Im fascinated by deer, but I think thats a little to much....its all about profit to me...
KINGSVILLE A&M JAVELINA

EatDeer

Postby EatDeer » Sat Sep 13, 2008 5:30 pm

The deer is a monster buck, I'd love for like him to walk past my stand! While I don't personaly agree with hunting behind fences, the research to be done there is impressive to say the least. Some deer in the books are nearly as large, so it isnt always just a deer breeder out there making huge whitetails. Bigger deer spread more genes, that is nature in action. So what if that deer had a helping hand, and who knows maybe there is a free roaming buck somewhere with larger antlers. Goliath, or High Roller,etc., arent any different than any other deer, they are just proof of how big bucks can grow, when given a high quality diet year round.
"Let a young buck go, so he can grow."

HiddenHornsRanch

Postby HiddenHornsRanch » Sun Sep 14, 2008 12:31 pm

EatDeer, I agree this is a very impressive buck by far, and the research being done is great!! I would not for one second think of passing a deer like that, of course I would be so struck with buck fever its no telling if I could steady myself enough to get the shot off!!! I sure would feel sorry for any buck he gets into a fight with though. I feed deer protein as well but its free choice, so do and some dont, its just dry around here and they need help with growing and fawns, but they still have natural choices they can go to.
KINGSVILLE A&M JAVELINA

DeerCamp

Postby DeerCamp » Sun Sep 14, 2008 2:56 pm

Thats a big buck...However I dont really care for the pen deer.
"If I pull the hammer and shoot this young buck, he's dead. But if I pass on him, the next hunter might not shoot so straight."

Previous

Return to General Discussions