Crossbow shooter shoots man mistaken for deer

pgchambers

Re: Crossbow shooter shoots man mistaken for deer

Postby pgchambers » Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:00 am

Jslotter wrote:Is this how WBH gets their support? By plugging up the boards with arguments and trolling? Is this standard protocol for WBH members? If so, I want nothing to with them or their "support".

An effective troll, though. All the traffic his posts generate are exactly what he is looking for. If twenty people read it, and one likes his message, he is successful. I really would like to see any thread that retch posts his crossbow propaganda on die with his post. Stop feeding the troll.
Respect - don't take it, unless you are willing to give it.
Responsibility - don't give it, unless you are willing to take it.

kellory

Postby kellory » Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:40 am

I would hate to be forced to mark him foe. He would be on a list as it's only occupient. Besides, someone needs to keep an eye on him. :o
The only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker is observation. All the same data is present for both. The rest is understanding what you are seeing.

Jslotter

Postby Jslotter » Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:52 am

pgchambers wrote:
Jslotter wrote:Is this how WBH gets their support? By plugging up the boards with arguments and trolling? Is this standard protocol for WBH members? If so, I want nothing to with them or their "support".

Stop feeding the troll.

I was going to say that but I don't know if Ben would boot me for it. But yes, Lets not feed the troll.
I only hunt on days that end in ' Y '.

pgchambers

Postby pgchambers » Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:39 pm

Jslotter wrote:
pgchambers wrote:

Stop feeding the troll.

I was going to say that but I don't know if Ben would boot me for it. But yes, Lets not feed the troll.

As others have said. on non-crossbow threads, I have no issue with retch. He is then posting as a WI deer hunter, and the conversations are worth having. When it comes to crossbows, however, it seems a switch goes on and it really has become tiresome. I have dropped off threads due to it, and I really don't intend to bother joining anymore of such discussions after this. It just stinks that the WI board has become one I have started to avoid.

As far as using the term "troll". Well, when someone has an answer for a post within 15 minutes on a thread that had been inactive for six months, I will stand by my belief that they are trolling (on that subject at least). I will accept it if Ben or others think I have gone too far, though.
Respect - don't take it, unless you are willing to give it.
Responsibility - don't give it, unless you are willing to take it.

Ohio farms

Postby Ohio farms » Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:48 pm

You are on spot IMO Pgchambers. I could not agree more with you.
Keep life simple...if you hear hoofbeats, think horses, not zebras.

kellory

Postby kellory » Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:55 pm

If we have just the one troll, should he be delagated to a troll bridge, or does that require three more armed with a card table? ;)
The only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker is observation. All the same data is present for both. The rest is understanding what you are seeing.

Jslotter

Postby Jslotter » Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:21 am

kellory wrote:If we have just the one troll, should he be delagated to a troll bridge, or does that require three more armed with a card table? ;)

:lol: :lol: :lol:
I only hunt on days that end in ' Y '.

Previous

Return to Wisconsin