hunting a man made water hole..

What's the hunt looking like this year in your area? Share!
duckunder

hunting a man made water hole..

Postby duckunder » Mon Sep 15, 2008 7:11 am

Just wondering...... I have a buddy that made a little water hole ( approx 4ft by 4ft) in the ground and has one of his stands very nearby.... Is this legal ?  ( Wisconsin )   I mean, isn't this the same thing as hunting over a bait pile ?  He did point out though, in the WI rule book, it said " water is not baiting ".....    Just seems like baiting to me..  Any thoughts ??

DeerCamp

RE: hunting a man made water hole..

Postby DeerCamp » Mon Sep 15, 2008 7:49 am

Well it's fine if it's on his own property. It's not baiting and there's no way the DNR can't say you cant build one and hunt over one....But then again they are kinda crazy with their rules at times so that wouldnt susprize me either.
"If I pull the hammer and shoot this young buck, he's dead. But if I pass on him, the next hunter might not shoot so straight."

duckunder

Postby duckunder » Mon Sep 15, 2008 8:16 am

I guess the question in my mind was ::::   If the DNR is worried about spreading CWD through bait piles, mineral licks, etc.....    wouldn't they be concerned about deer drinking out of the same little water hole.... You would think if it's going to spread through food, it would do the same in water.... I don't know, just seems funny...

DeerCamp

Postby DeerCamp » Mon Sep 15, 2008 8:31 am

Thats what I was thinking too.. Thats why I said it wouldnt susprize me. Cant deer get blue toung from water?I could be wrong I just cant remember what one its from.
"If I pull the hammer and shoot this young buck, he's dead. But if I pass on him, the next hunter might not shoot so straight."

Return to General Discussions