Chair in Ground Blind

Bowhunting experiences, the best way to tune a bow -- share your knowledge here!
largemouth19

Chair in Ground Blind

Postby largemouth19 » Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:35 pm

What kind of chair does everyone use in their ground blind when bow hunting? I have tried a camping folding chair but the back is too high and I always hit my elbow. I have tried tripods, 5 gallon buckets with a cushion, and many others and can't find the right thing! Also I am a heavier guy so whatever it is has to be able to support my weight. I saw this new chair called the sitting hawk that I think would do the trick, but I don't really want to pay $140 dollars. Let me know what you think.

bobow

Re: Chair in Ground Blind

Postby bobow » Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:01 pm

Three years ago when I had actual business & some dollars I purchased the Huntmore 360. http://www.huntmore.biz

It is $199 plus shipping but I will say I am happy I got it and it will last & most important, it is quiet!

Sometimes you get what you pay for but it happens to be true with this one. The quality is outstanding & with all the adjustments & such it works well for me & I am a heavy person that can't climb tree stands very well & can't sit still very long.

If you decide to get one I would find it hard to believe you would be disappointed. JMO
Thomas Jefferson, 1774 July. "The God who gave us life, gave us liberty at the same time."

Life Member: NRA, ISRA; Member CCRA

DeerCamp

Postby DeerCamp » Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:48 pm

To be honest lol, I was driving home from work one day and someone threw out a bunch of hunting stuff in their trash..And I needed a chair, so I took it. Lol Its just one of those camo chairs that are like 40 bucks. It’s worked very well for me. Im not sure what the name of it is, but it does have the mossy oak swamp camo. It’s very comfy and It had two cup holders where I can store items. If I were you I would go to a outdoors store like Dunhams or Gander Mtn. They will have something nice there that you can enjoy for a LOT less than 140 bucks!!
"If I pull the hammer and shoot this young buck, he's dead. But if I pass on him, the next hunter might not shoot so straight."

kellory

Postby kellory » Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:19 pm

I use a simple sling type folding chair, with a high narrow back with a headrest, and a footrest. color does not matter because I am covering it. mine happens to be purple, as that was the only color they had left. used with an ameristep doghouse blind it works just fine.
The only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker is observation. All the same data is present for both. The rest is understanding what you are seeing.

jonboy1984

Postby jonboy1984 » Sun Nov 13, 2011 7:21 pm

i use a 10$ fold up camping chair that i got from wal mart..... works for me. i hunt out of natural ground blinds, not double bull pop up blinds :P

retiredsailor

Postby retiredsailor » Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:13 am

I also use the standard "Wal-Mart" type of folding chair (although I usually buy a couple at the local Dollar Store when they are on sale). I don't like arms and cup holders, etc. I find that using one of these, whether hunting in a natural ground blind or a pop-up, and by using a butt-warming cushion, works just great and allows me to stay seated for long periods without fatigue or butt getting sore. The cushion needs to be re-arranged periodically, but it gives me just enough added height so that I have a great view while inside my pop-up. I like having the chair back to allow me to sit up straight and not develop a sore back by constantly leaning forward. Sure, I may only get two or three seasons from such a chair, but when one wears out, it's back to the Dollar Store. These are generally light weight and usually come in a cover that has a carry strap. Also, pay attention to the legs........the area I hunt is rocky and hilly and I find that occasionally I need to dig out a small spot or two in order to have the chair sit level..........I prefer the four-legged type chair.
It isn't what happens to us, it is how we deal with it, that matters most.

ohiomossyoak

Postby ohiomossyoak » Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:30 pm

I come home with a honestly earned feeling that something good has taken place.It makes no difference whether i got anything.It has to do with how the day was spent

kellory

Postby kellory » Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:48 pm

36 bucks is too much for me, and 19 lbs is almost as heavy as the whole blind. Reviews mentioned torn packaging, parts that don't fit or were not included, modifacations nessisary to assemble, and sloppy welds. Thanks, but no thanks.
The only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker is observation. All the same data is present for both. The rest is understanding what you are seeing.

ohiomossyoak

Postby ohiomossyoak » Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:22 pm

kellory wrote:

Reviews mentioned torn packaging, parts that don't fit or were not included, modifacations nessisary to assemble, and sloppy welds. Thanks, but no thanks.

You didnt mention any positive reviews I see.Or the fact it got a 4.25 out of 5 stars avg of the 20 reviews...
I come home with a honestly earned feeling that something good has taken place.It makes no difference whether i got anything.It has to do with how the day was spent

kellory

Postby kellory » Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:55 pm

You're right, I did not. I was not writing a review of a product, but stating why that product did not appeal to me. To list positive info in regards to that aim would be counter productive. ;) Should I have brought up the excellent cardio workout, in the blind as I attempted to assemble it with a hammer and a file? Or how much I enjuy the sound of a rotory burr in the wee hours of the predawn?

Next

Return to Archery and Bowhunting