Ik e managed to put us in the dark way up here

msbadger

Ik e managed to put us in the dark way up here

Postby msbadger » Mon Sep 15, 2008 12:54 pm

What a stubborn storm...not complaining we had no hardships being without power for 15hours...just bought a lot of ice and cleaned up woods a little....all we lost were 6 timber maples...tops sheared off ...a couple of beech and iron wood.....Sad that all apples... pear and acorns ect... are on ground when bow season starts Oct 18th [>:]...Oh well this may change things up a bit ....have to fix 3 stands and our hay garage folded up and bent up and blew away....20ft x12ft....have to see if it's fixable before we get our hay....[&o]...Oh well could be down south and my best wishes go out to them and the train victims and families....our son lost trees and main power to his work shop...it has it's own service but the line is still on and still on the ground with a tree on it.....we called at 7am.....he never lost power but it's his house service keeping the pole from snaping...hope they fix it soon.......

JOEL

RE: Ik e managed to put us in the dark way up here

Postby JOEL » Mon Sep 15, 2008 2:23 pm

that stinks.was it due to the wind?you must be way out west near ohio? i saw the winds there were 60mph at the browns game last night.thankfully nobody was hurt.sounds like ya got a lot of work ahead of ya
"Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forest and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person." - Fred Bear

fasteddie

Postby fasteddie » Mon Sep 15, 2008 2:57 pm

It was windy here last night (east of webster , ny) . Lost power for a few hours in the wee hours of the am but it was on when we got up this morning .

msbadger

Postby msbadger » Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:58 am

Finger lakes region here.....we get heavy winds alot...usually during the fall/winter I can always count on wind tearing up 1-2 stands just days before our openers ...never fails....guys on road parallel to us are still with out power...they bought a generator looks like Mr B is going to look at a whole house system...This outage really irratated him for some reason...ha ...first time I've seen his age showing his impatients

JOEL

Postby JOEL » Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:01 am

finger lakes ,im going to have to call my friend he lives near tompkins county in enfield
"Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forest and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person." - Fred Bear

Return to New York