Chair in Ground Blind

Bowhunting experiences, the best way to tune a bow -- share your knowledge here!
w4sar

Re: Chair in Ground Blind

Postby w4sar » Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:33 am

I'm using one of the Guide Gear chairs and it does give good back support. But it is a heavy beast. The ground blind I use is permanently set up at the edge of a field, so the chair lives in there. I'll be using it for turkey season in a couple of months.

But, yes, it is not easily portable.
David J. Snyder
Orange County, NC

rmw

Postby rmw » Sat Mar 31, 2012 7:15 am

bobow wrote:Three years ago when I had actual business & some dollars I purchased the Huntmore 360. http://www.huntmore.biz

It is $199 plus shipping but I will say I am happy I got it and it will last & most important, it is quiet!

Sometimes you get what you pay for but it happens to be true with this one. The quality is outstanding & with all the adjustments & such it works well for me & I am a heavy person that can't climb tree stands very well & can't sit still very long.

If you decide to get one I would find it hard to believe you would be disappointed. JMO

I purchased on of these last yr and it's worth it . It's light , strong fully adjustable and quiet . I also have a couple of the sportsmans guide chairs and find they do not go as low as I would like them to , your going to want to leave them where they are "heavy" and they are not as comfortable but they are a upgrade to a bag chair . If you set for extended periods of time the huntmore is sweet

Jon H.

Postby Jon H. » Sat Mar 31, 2012 7:42 am

I'm a big guy too. What I would do first is find out how high you need it by sitting on different things and shooting your bow and checking how much room you have and how well you shoot.Then get that measurement and your weight and go try some chairs. But keep the recent just in case it don't work out.

1-GTOHunter

Postby 1-GTOHunter » Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:34 pm

As Jon H mentioned...its best to check different chairs out to get one the right height,I've noticed that different ground blinds have their windows set at different heights and it can be tough finding a chair thats just right.If Your shooting a Bow most chairs need to not have any arm rest on them so they don't get in the way when Your drawing back your Bow,the chair I use has no arms on it and its the type that folds up for easy carrying,it has the back rest that flips up or down out of the ways and it has the zipper pouch under it for storing gear or stuff inside it.The smaller V-Shaped triangle chairs aren't too bad but tend to get un-comfortable if sitting for long periods.

The local Archery Shop by me has a newer designed Camo Chair that is awesome,it has tubed steel and folds up for easy carrying and it has a very thick seat pad and back rest...You could probably fall asleep in this Baby and sit all day comfortably.I'll see what brand it is and post it...but I think its actually hand made by someone locally where I live?This chair would be great for Coyote/Predator Hunting also but runs around $109.00 unless You can catch it on sale?

DEER30

Postby DEER30 » Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:50 pm

I use a typical "captain's chair". The same one I use at my football tailgate. VERY comfortable.

Previous

Return to Archery and Bowhunting