Most comfortable Deer stand

Have you ever fallen? Share your story ... it might save someone else's life!
USN_Sam1385

Most comfortable Deer stand

Postby USN_Sam1385 » Mon Oct 12, 2009 3:35 pm

What is the lazy boy of deer stand IYO?? I currently have an API Grand Slam 2500. It is fairly comfortable, but has no real back rest etc. What do you guys think is the king of COMFORT when it comes to deer stands? Particularly climber stands. 

MoDeer

RE: Most comfortable Deer stand

Postby MoDeer » Mon Oct 12, 2009 4:08 pm

I bought a Big Game executive ladder stand a couple of years ago . I fell in love with the flex core seat and it has a back rest . I now own 8 Big Game ladder stands 4 executive and 4 titan . All of them have the flex core seat . I wouldnt buy anything else . the executive is the most comfortable but the titan work better for bow hunting . 
Johnny

If I cant make a good shot please let me have a clean miss

Dan Salmon

Postby Dan Salmon » Mon Oct 12, 2009 4:33 pm

As far as comfort goes, I don't think you can beat a Tree Lounge. I bought mine in 2004 and don't regret it for a minute. Used to use hang on stands and tree pegs. What a bunch of extra work.

msbadger

Postby msbadger » Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:58 pm

I love my Tree Lounge...it's a bit noisy to get rigged but if you can put it out ahead of time as I do close to the house....it's not bad...if not...well go mid day climb and take a nap until you think they are moving...if you have back problems like me....you can't beat them....I have the foot platform to use during archery and it's even easier during gun to use with out the platform

shaman

Postby shaman » Tue Oct 13, 2009 4:39 am

I'd say, comfort-wise, my API Grand Slam Super Magnum is the best, but I hardly use it anymore.  I've switched 90% to buddy-style ladder stands.  These are pretty comfortable after you add a boat cushion. Some folks complain about the shooting rail going across the back, but I'm tall and it hits me just right.
Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries of SW Bracken County, KY
Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer

DeerCamp

Postby DeerCamp » Tue Oct 13, 2009 5:01 am

Good topic! I cant wait to read all about this one.. I can get along pretty good with a lot of tree stands, and can sit long hours. Im pretty lucky I guess.( I like the cheap gorilla stand.) However my buddy just cant stand more than 10mins in some stands. I cant wait to hear what everyone has to say so maybe this topic can help him out.
"If I pull the hammer and shoot this young buck, he's dead. But if I pass on him, the next hunter might not shoot so straight."

USN_Sam1385

Postby USN_Sam1385 » Tue Oct 13, 2009 5:34 am

I find what bothers me most when sitting in my stand is the lack of lower back support. The tree lounges appear to offer you quite a bit of back support, while giving you a leaned back resting position at the same time. I hear some arguments online however, that a Summit is a better buy than a tree lounge. Thoughts on Summit vs. Tree Lounge??

DeerCamp

Postby DeerCamp » Tue Oct 13, 2009 6:34 am

im kinda surprised no one has mention the lone wolf stands...they look like they could be pretty comfortable.
"If I pull the hammer and shoot this young buck, he's dead. But if I pass on him, the next hunter might not shoot so straight."

hendo64

Postby hendo64 » Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:02 am

Well I have never used any other climber than the tree lounge and I love it! It is comfy and easy to use. Like said it is a little bulky and heavy but is still a great stand! I have heard people complain about oher climbers being difficult to get level while climbing. The tree lounge is easy to get level and keep level.

whitetaleresearcher

Postby whitetaleresearcher » Mon Oct 26, 2009 4:57 pm

. Used to use hang on stands and tree pegs. What a bunch
ORIGINAL: Dan Salmon

As far as comfort goes, I don't think you can beat a Tree Lounge. I bought mine in 2004 and don't regret it for a minute. Used to use hang on stands and tree pegs. What a bunch of extra work.

Have to triple agree with this one.  Father purchased one 5 years ago and our family now owns 3 - 1 for each hunter.  Nothing really compares.  Hope you have the small-medium size trees to use it!

Next

Return to Tree Stands