Now THIS Is A Fast Bow!!!!

Bowhunting experiences, the best way to tune a bow -- share your knowledge here!
Woods Walker

Now THIS Is A Fast Bow!!!!

Postby Woods Walker » Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:51 am

Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

>>>--------------------------------->
NRA Endowment Life Member

kellory

Re: Now THIS Is A Fast Bow!!!!

Postby kellory » Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:33 am

That is what I have been trying to tell you. That is war speed. That is the reason for the back quiver, the walk and fire, no sights, That is shooting as if you were in a fight army vs army. Your job is to take out as many opponants as possible, in the shortest time possible. That is why I don't use a release, sights, or care how long you hold at full draw for that perfect shot. I draw when I have the shot.
The only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker is observation. All the same data is present for both. The rest is understanding what you are seeing.

Bowriter

Postby Bowriter » Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:29 am

I switched from recurve to compound many years ago. However, I never used a release, stabilizer or more than one sight pin. many times, I didn't even use the one pin. I had a practice excercise I use to do in my backyard where I would stick seven arrows in the ground at various points from 15-35 yards and then run from one to another and allow myself 5-seconds to draw and shoot. It was great practice.

Compared to some of the Old English longbowmen, that girl would be considered slow and they were shooting far more than 35-pounds. On the other hand, I wish I could do that. Note she never takes her eyes off the target.

Woods Walker

Postby Woods Walker » Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:03 pm

" I had a practice excercise I use to do in my backyard where I would stick seven arrows in the ground at various points from 15-35 yards and then run from one to another and allow myself 5-seconds to draw and shoot. It was great practice."

I like that! I shoot a recurve and that sounds like a whole lot of fun. You know a lot for an old guy! ;)
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

jonny5buck

Postby jonny5buck » Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:20 pm

It appeared the shooter was fast not the bow..... :o .....nice avatr WW ..so lifelike... :lol: -- :lol:

Woods Walker

Postby Woods Walker » Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:18 pm

Walter is my idol! "SHUT THE HELL UP"! :mrgreen:
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

charlie 01

Postby charlie 01 » Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:08 pm

When I first started there were no sights, no releases, just a recurve with a brush rest and fingers. I used to shoot almost every day in my yard, even to the point of coming home to shoot during my lunch. With a recurve and instinctive shooting it is a must to shoot often to keep your "eye". With a 65lb recurve, I used the two finger under the arrow draw. I believe it was called the Apache draw. Those were much fun, and simpler times. Lost, but not forgotten. I remember the introduction of the first compound bow, I disliked it and tried to discredit it for many years, but here we are, what progress, (good or bad). All I know for sure is that for years I had the woods mostly to myself.
never say never
patience is the companion of wisdom

Return to Archery and Bowhunting