Jailtime for man that killed deer with snowmobile.

Jslotter

Jailtime for man that killed deer with snowmobile.

Postby Jslotter » Wed Feb 08, 2012 5:05 am

WAUPACA, Wis. (AP) -- A Waupaca man has been sentenced to six months in jail for running down and killing deer with a snowmobile.

Twenty-six-year-old Nicholas Hermes pleaded no contest in December to animal mistreatment and hunting violations. In addition to jail time, the Appleton Post-Crescent reports (http://post.cr/yeEYd3), he'll get two-and-a-half years of probation and pay about $6,200 in fines and costs.

Prosecutors say he and two other men were involved in the January 2009 incident along a trail in the Town of Lind.

Co-defendant Robby Kuenzi of Weyauwega is scheduled for an April trial.

His brother, Rory Kuenzi, was sentenced in November to 11 years in prison for the deer killing incident. He's already in prison for a fatal drunken driving accident.
I only hunt on days that end in ' Y '.

Ohio farms

Re: Jailtime for man that killed deer with snowmobile.

Postby Ohio farms » Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:23 am

These two clowns need to be incarcerated for more than just running down deer to their death and apparently they will be. Glad they are not my neighbors.
Drunken manslaughter then the needless ruthless killing of the deer. Their parents must be very proud.
Keep life simple...if you hear hoofbeats, think horses, not zebras.

Wanderer

Postby Wanderer » Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:05 am

I lived in the Town of Lind in Waupaca County for 16 years. I'm sickened by what goes on in my old back yard. I think that they oughta throw away the key, but then you taxpayers in Waupaca County would have to support him for the rest of his days. (Maybe you already do that anyway) How about we teach a deer to drive a snowmobile and then have the deer run this guy down?

Drhunter2k

Postby Drhunter2k » Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:21 pm

Wanderer wrote:How about we teach a deer to drive a snowmobile and then have the deer run this guy down?

Difference is, we're talking about a wild animal vs a human being. Don't get me wrong, what the guy did was wrong, and he should be punished for it but run him down? Seriously? That sounds like a PETA statement to me.

Ohio farms

Postby Ohio farms » Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:53 pm

I'm just guessing here, but I think Wanderer might have been speaking metaphorically.
Keep life simple...if you hear hoofbeats, think horses, not zebras.

tjmeyers

Postby tjmeyers » Wed Feb 08, 2012 7:17 pm

What I want to know, is are their hunting privileges been revoked? :evil:
When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty.

Jslotter

Postby Jslotter » Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:10 pm

I hope all hunting privileges are revoked and recreational vehicle licenses are revoked. Sounds like a group of losers considering one is already facing time for a drunk driving fatality. Keep them locked up.
I only hunt on days that end in ' Y '.

Wanderer

Postby Wanderer » Thu Feb 09, 2012 6:36 am

Drhunter2k,
I believe "tongue in cheek" would be the phrase to apply to what I said. I guess I need one of Kellory's sarcasm symbols after that statement.

pickleguy

Postby pickleguy » Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:50 pm

Not to lesson what they did, but they most likely will get more time for running the deer down than for the drunk driving. That is how screwed up our society is today.
�If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.It is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved

jonny5buck

Postby jonny5buck » Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:00 pm

At least they got some sort of punishment..justice is in the eye of the beholder for sure....

Im all too familar with the chasing deer w/ snowmobile crowd- a few yrs back a lifelong friend of mine was telling me how 2 guys he was riding with chased a buck that was feeding by grain silo/dryer ...they chased him till he ws exhausted and out of breath...my buddy insisted he didnt join in the chase ...but also did nothing to stop it...i wanted to punch someone in the face...real hard..what a couple of fools..with no respect....

He said a guy that had seen them came over on his sled[snowmobile]...and had the finger in the face going with one of the guys who did the chasing...he was spitting mad..don't blame him at all...it's hard not to put the ground-n-pound on someone who should know better and act better--just my 2 cents- :!:

Return to Wisconsin