I have been making this sauce the last few times I grilled venison steaks. It don't really measure stuff when making this, so it's all a best guess.
1 or 2 table spoons of olive oil
1/4 or so finely chopped onions
1 nectarine (you could substitute a peach or mango)
Dalmatia fig spread
one cup of white wine (chardonnay or another non sweet white)
table spoon of lemon juice
1/2 of a serrano pepper
fresh ground pepper to taste
* Put the olive oil is a sauce pan and heat until hot. Pour in onions and saute until just turning brown
* add a teaspoon of crushed garlic. Saute for a minute or two
* add white wine, lemon juice, finely chopped serrano pepper and chopped nectarine
* add ground pepper to taste
* keep heat on medium and allow mixture to reduce by about 50%
* add two table spoons of the Dalmatia fig spread. The stuff I use come from Byerly's.
* Let the entire mixture slow good a couple minutes to allow the fig spread to blend in
It goes great with back straps, but would be equally as good with beef or chicken.
Couple of notes. Add more or less of the serrano pepper for the heat. If the mixture gets to thick, add some more white wine and simmer it a little more.