permission to recover wounded deer.

What's the hunt looking like this year in your area? Share!
pilsung

RE: permission to recover wounded deer.

Postby pilsung » Sun Sep 21, 2008 9:28 am

As soon as we purchased our property we met with all the surrounding neighbors and explained that we were deer hunters and told them what property we owned. I asked each of them permission to track a hit deer onto their property if necessary. They all were more than happy to allow it and two of them gave me permission to hunt their property as well.

gutpile

Postby gutpile » Sun Sep 21, 2008 11:20 am

around here if you shoot a critter and it goes on someones property you can call the game wardens and usually get your critter.
 a guy shot an elk on someones property and the landowner called the cops, my brother was one of the cops who showed up, guy got a trespass ticket, but got the elk. Landowner tried taking the elk but the guy had a legal tag on it, and it was in a legal area, so he got the elk and a trespass ticket.
Wheat is harvested, Animals are killed...

oneshot 1

Postby oneshot 1 » Mon Sep 22, 2008 4:24 pm

Last year I shot a Buck that dropped 50 yards over on my neighbors.He wouldn't let me get it. [:@]

So no I will not let them come on my property to retrieve a Deer.

oneshot

GTOHunter

Postby GTOHunter » Mon Sep 22, 2008 4:39 pm

I've talked with my Neighbors that hunt and we both agreed if we shoot a Deer on our own property and it runs over to the persons land we can retrieve it!We also keep a look-out on each other s property for trespassers and inform each other if anyone has been seen messing around.he has has salt blocks and ropes cut leading to his Duck Boat/Blind and other things messed with and we have had little messed with because he boarders some real inconsiderate Idiots on the other side of his land! [&:]

ranwin33

Postby ranwin33 » Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:18 am

Absolutely, I would expect them to call first though to get permission.

I have no interest in taking a deer someone else has shot.
“There are two spiritual dangers in not owning a farm. One is the danger of supposing that breakfast comes from the grocery, and the other that heat comes from the furnace.”
Aldo Leopold

gutpile

Postby gutpile » Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:02 am

I really do feel fortunate that I hunt enough public land that I dont have to worry about other peoples land..I dont think I could handle not being able to just hunt without worrying about property lines or having to pay to hunt..
Wheat is harvested, Animals are killed...

Sailfish

Postby Sailfish » Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:17 am

ORIGINAL: howhill1

absolutely.

Ditto!
"Go as far as you can see; when you get there, you'll be able to see farther."

heitmann13

Postby heitmann13 » Wed Sep 24, 2008 6:21 am

In SD you could call the game warden and he will threaten the person who's land the animal is on with a ticket for wasting game, but if the person is willing to pay the fine then there is nothing the game warden can do. 

oneshot 1

Postby oneshot 1 » Wed Sep 24, 2008 8:42 am

ORIGINAL: heitmann13

In SD you could call the game warden and he will threaten the person who's land the animal is on with a ticket for wasting game, but if the person is willing to pay the fine then there is nothing the game warden can do. 

Well around here they say Coyotes got to eat too.

I know couple years ago I was hunting Public Land had a Deer go into a restricted area.I called to see if I could go in and see if I could find him? They told me no.Well month later I found what was left of him on the other side of the area.

oneshot

jackman

Postby jackman » Tue Sep 30, 2008 1:55 pm

In Maine,you will have to call the Warden, unless you no who the land owner is. But you don't have to worry about somene shooting at you!!

Things are a little different here, not alot of posted land, there is some.if the land is not posted you can go onto it,but you need land owner written permisson to put a tree stand.

Previous

Return to General Discussions