HD Bow Camera

What's the hunt looking like this year in your area? Share!
DrummingGrouseKennel

HD Bow Camera

Postby DrummingGrouseKennel » Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:12 am

Two years ago I bought a Contour HD camera that mounts to my helmet when I race motocross. I bought a bunch of mounts for it that let me use it when we were water skiing and wakeboarding. My brother has used it snowboarding and mountain biking. The quality of the video is awesome and the camera itself is very lightweight. I was looking on Contours website a couple of weeks ago and saw that they now have a compund bow mount. I bought one and just got it in and after shooting around in the backyard, I can't wait until deer season. Here is a link to the mount on their site: http://store.contour.com/compound-bow-mount-p75.aspx They have a model called the roam that is waterproof so you can use it in the rain that is the perfect fit for bowhunting. I am going to try to post some of the videos I made on you tube.

Buck Commander

Re: HD Bow Camera

Postby Buck Commander » Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:03 pm

Awesome! Let us know when ya post them.I've always leaned towards GoPro though, I might have to check out Contour.

Jslotter

Postby Jslotter » Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:13 am

Gopro makes ok cameras. The problem I noticed is that the sound quality is junk and since the lense is concaved, everything appears to bend inward. I've seen a few youtube videos where hunters mounted the Gopro to their bows and the footage is good until the shot and the camera absorbs all the vibration and you never see the arrow impact. But, it looks like it would be good for second angle footage.
I only hunt on days that end in ' Y '.

grizzlyadams23

Postby grizzlyadams23 » Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:53 pm

If you don't like the lens on your gopro ditch the fisheye and change your view!!!
Gopro HD hero hero1,2, 3 white silver & Black-Contour plus/2 roam/1/2, & Drift Ghost Modificaitions Professionally Installed: Panoramic, & ultra wide fish eye glass optical lenses with Night Vision Infrared Zoom capability.
inquire with any questions.

Return to General Discussions