rage 3s

bckklr

rage 3s

Postby bckklr » Tue Sep 23, 2008 3:08 am

DANG!!!what an entry hole ive never seen anything like it , ive shot muzzy for years & loved them , but they never put a hole in a deer like the rages do
adapt & overcome

hoosierhuntercustomcalls.com

schlupis

RE: rage 3s

Postby schlupis » Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:53 am

I am with you I shoot the rage 2 blade biggest holes I have ever seen put in a deer. Switched from thunderheads will never go back... Everytime sombodys helps me trail a deer shot with the rage they end up buying the rage and dumping there fixed blades.

OHhunter

Postby OHhunter » Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:01 am

I shot 100gr 2 blades last year, the entry and exit holes were huge.  Deer never traveled more than 50 yds.  Even with the huge holes they didn't bleed out like you would think, the chest cavity was full of blood.  I read somewhere that the 2 blades holes don't allow as much bleeding out because the cut closes right up.  I'm going to give the three blades a try this year.  Regardless I don't plan on switching from rage anytime soon.
Brad

HUNT HARD, SHOOT STRAIGHT, CLEAN KILL APOLOGIZE TO NO ONE

stumpsitter66

Postby stumpsitter66 » Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:24 am

I have heard many similar compliments on the Rage Broadhead by other hunts as well. However my question to any of you is has any one had a BAD experience with this broadhead yet? Most expandables bring out at least a few horror stories...arrow deflecting, etc etc.

Goose

Postby Goose » Tue Sep 23, 2008 12:42 pm

I love them ! Work great on turkeys as well! The one complaint I do have is that  have had them open up in my quiver while traveling or going into stand, but just make sure they are closed when you get there and from there your on your way to massive blood trails. From what Ive seen that cut does not close up too fast theres blood everywhere.
Jake

Genesis 27:3 Take your bow and quiver full of arrows out into the open country, and hunt some wild game.....

Panman1949

Postby Panman1949 » Tue Sep 23, 2008 2:14 pm

Glad to hear everyone else likes them.  Hope to find out myself this weekend for the opener.  I feel better about my choice now.  Thanks, Panman
Be Aware, Bikes are Everywhere!!

Legnip

Postby Legnip » Tue Sep 23, 2008 3:35 pm

Hey Schlupis,

Did your practice blade fly the same as your field tips? I shoot a crossbow in TN, and the practice head flew quite a bit different than the field point.
From those who much is given, much is expected

PrairieShadow

Postby PrairieShadow » Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:53 pm

I will be trying them out this year as well. These will be the first mechanicals i have ever used. A little nervouse about them though....
Hunting isn't a matter of Life or Death
Its MUCH more important than that!

OHhunter

Postby OHhunter » Wed Sep 24, 2008 1:49 pm

ORIGINAL: Legnip

Hey Schlupis,

Did your practice blade fly the same as your field tips? I shoot a crossbow in TN, and the practice head flew quite a bit different than the field point.

Mine flew the same.
Brad

HUNT HARD, SHOOT STRAIGHT, CLEAN KILL APOLOGIZE TO NO ONE

DeerCamp

Postby DeerCamp » Wed Sep 24, 2008 3:06 pm

Ya know I really thought hard about buying those. I went with the grimm reapers instead but Im hoping they will do just as good. It was a hard choice for me... and after hearing all this talk Im hoping I didnt make the wrong descision
"If I pull the hammer and shoot this young buck, he's dead. But if I pass on him, the next hunter might not shoot so straight."

Next

Return to Broadheads