Got myself a Tree Lounge

Have you ever fallen? Share your story ... it might save someone else's life!
SwampLife

Re: Got myself a Tree Lounge

Postby SwampLife » Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:25 pm

I have 2. I have trouble staying awake in them things, too comfy!
No Shortcuts. No Excuses. No Regrets.

Dan Salmon

Postby Dan Salmon » Sat Dec 17, 2011 8:15 am

It's too bad they are out of business now. I wanted to get a Bowhunting Adaptor, but put it off for too long. Will probably have to fabricate one on my own now.

Buck Commander

Postby Buck Commander » Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:41 pm

kellory wrote:I keep hearing about these stands, but I wouldn't mind a few pictures if you have them. I would like to see what all the fuss is about. I can fabricate just about anything I need, once I fully understand it. Thanks. ;)

Here are some pictures. I wouldn't recommend using it that way though :P

http://www.treelounge.com/advantages/safety.htm

kellory

Postby kellory » Wed Feb 15, 2012 6:55 pm

Buck Commander wrote:
kellory wrote:I keep hearing about these stands, but I wouldn't mind a few pictures if you have them. I would like to see what all the fuss is about. I can fabricate just about anything I need, once I fully understand it. Thanks. ;)

Here are some pictures. I wouldn't recommend using it that way though :P

http://www.treelounge.com/advantages/safety.htm

Thank you! I understand they are now out of business. I have no doubt I could make those of steel. Do you know if they were tried in aluminum? The weight is a bit steep. when added to pack and weapon. Steel weighs three times as much as the same piece in aluminum. I could double the thickness of all parts, and still lose a third of the weight, but I would have to get them welded by a coworker with a healy arc welder. I wish I had one to reverse engineer. Measurements would be useful. I could come pretty close just by the photos. Sling seat looks to be denier, just like a trampoline (very tough) I am currently building a duck blind cover for my boat out of it. Well, I have quite a few projects going right now, but I will get back to these later! :) Thanks again! ;)
The only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker is observation. All the same data is present for both. The rest is understanding what you are seeing.

Dan Salmon

Postby Dan Salmon » Sat Feb 18, 2012 9:07 pm

They were made from aircraft aluminum. Mine is about 30#'s but the comfort factor for sitting all day makes up for the weight.

kellory

Postby kellory » Sat Feb 18, 2012 9:41 pm

Dan Salmon wrote:They were made from aircraft aluminum. Mine is about 30#'s but the comfort factor for sitting all day makes up for the weight.

The website shown above, shows a weight of 26lbs stripped, and 31lbs with the bow hunting attachment, but never mentions the fact it's aluminum? That should be a selling feature. It will never rust away. lighter weight than conventional steel. I do like the seat design though, I may change out the seating on my existing stands with that type of seat. I scrap out trampolines from time to time, I will have more denier, in fact I have some scraps now that might serve. I will have to add that to my list of projects. :) :(
The only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker is observation. All the same data is present for both. The rest is understanding what you are seeing.

msbadger

Postby msbadger » Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:27 pm

I just luv my tree lounge and I have the archer attachment...haven't used it the last couple of years just because we have many Maples just snapping off half way up...and they all look healthy...one would be a tad "out of luck" if tied off to a tree that decides to just snap in half...but I do now have a couple of good sized red oaks I'm thinking about using this year ;)
Romans 14:10
Romans 14:13
James 4:11
Luke 6:37

spearfisher

Postby spearfisher » Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:55 pm

Is that the one that you can actually lay in? noway in _______ I could do that. My sphincter would be so tight I couldnt enjoy the hunt. LOL

bo33111

Postby bo33111 » Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:31 pm

I would also lke to see ths stand if you dont mind please
Thanks

Previous

Return to Tree Stands