Where's Our Priorities??

Off Topic is the place for anything that doesn't quite fit into the other categories.
Woods Walker

Where's Our Priorities??

Postby Woods Walker » Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:19 am

New Jersey flags were at ½ staff for Whitney Houston….but not for those who gave their lives for our country.

Charlie Sheen is 45 and his story is all over the news because he is a substance abuser, an adulterer, sexually promiscuous and obnoxious.

Lindsay Lohan is 24 and her story is all over the news because she is a celebrity drug addict and thief.

Something as frivolous as Kim Kardashian's stupid wedding [and short-lived marriage] was shoved down our throats, While........

Justin Allen 23
Brett Linley 29
Matthew Weikert 29
Justus Bartett 27
Dave Santos 21
Jesse Reed 26
Matthew Johnson 21
Zachary Fisher 24
Brandon King 23
Christopher Goeke 23
and Sheldon Tate 27...

Are all Marines that gave their lives last month for you. There is no media for them; not even a mention of their names.

Honor THEM!!!

Rest In Peace, and THANK YOU, TROOPS.
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

>>>--------------------------------->
NRA Endowment Life Member

Deebz

Re: Where's Our Priorities??

Postby Deebz » Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:31 am

Amen Woods...
"When a hunter is in a tree stand with high moral values and with the proper hunting ethics and richer for the experience, that hunter is 20 feet closer to God." ~Fred Bear

Ohio farms

Postby Ohio farms » Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:26 pm

I was indignant when I heard that the Gov of New Jersey was placing the state flags at half mask for W. H. in light of the sacrifices that our Veterans have endured. I was told by a friend, whose opinion I trust, that the New Jersey Gov. always flies the state flags at half mask for all New Jersey Veterans who have died. Not sure how to really verify that, but if it's true, I might just cut him some slack.
Keep life simple...if you hear hoofbeats, think horses, not zebras.

Deebz

Postby Deebz » Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:38 pm

While I definitely applaud the governor for honoring the soldiers who've made the ultimate sacrifice, in no way, shape or form can I condone giving this honor to Whitney Houston.

Those soldiers who died gave their lives in service to the United Stated of America. That means each and every person who enjoys the lifestyle we lead benefits from their service. Whitney Houston was lucky enough to have been born with an amazing voice. The choice she made was to lead a lifestyle that ultimately shortened her lifespan. While she may have given inspiration and enjoyment to people through her voice and music, equating what she did with her life only cheapens the honor given to the people who give up so much to serve...
"When a hunter is in a tree stand with high moral values and with the proper hunting ethics and richer for the experience, that hunter is 20 feet closer to God." ~Fred Bear

kellory

Postby kellory » Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:34 pm

I agree Deebz, Whitney Houston committed suicide. She just did it slowly. Anyone who has seen her in the last few years, can't help but see what she did to herself through drugs, and bad company. It is a shame that THE VOICE is no more, but she does not rate that singular honor. :|
The only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker is observation. All the same data is present for both. The rest is understanding what you are seeing.

Ohio farms

Postby Ohio farms » Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:46 pm

I would never mean to put W.H on the same level as our Veterans who gave all...never. She was a native of New Jersey and did touch many people in a positive way, despite her reckless use of drugs, both illegal and prescription. I think he was trying to honor that part of her life. Flags are placed at half mast for many reasons, not just military. Her death was as tragic as was her waste of her life. I'm not attempting to justify my response, or convince anyone of it, just to clarify my position with respect to our Veterans.
I'm a veteran of Vietnam myself and do understand what it means to have served one's Country. I don't take any of this lightly.
Keep life simple...if you hear hoofbeats, think horses, not zebras.

Jslotter

Postby Jslotter » Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:18 pm

Well, Whitney has been sober for over a week now. ;) Most of our country just dont give a damn about our Veterans. As a Veteran, I dont really give a damn about the media sensationalized oxygen thieves that people seem to idolize and follow like some damn hypnotic cult. I stay humble, work to earn my living, come home, get drunk, and be thankful I came through my deployments unscathed. Let the fallen heroes rest in peace, because in this day and age, media coverage of fallen soldiers is only used to scrutinize the war effort. To hell with the media.
I only hunt on days that end in ' Y '.

kellory

Postby kellory » Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:20 pm

I care.Thank you.
The only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker is observation. All the same data is present for both. The rest is understanding what you are seeing.

Return to Off Topic