Jimmy Houston - High Fence Hunt

What's the hunt looking like this year in your area? Share!
Ohio farms

Re: Jimmy Houston - High Fence Hunt

Postby Ohio farms » Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:50 pm

I've changed my mind on Jimmy Houston. Kind of thought he was good guy. Guess not. Never bought anything that he endorsed and now I never will.
Keep life simple...if you hear hoofbeats, think horses, not zebras.

luvhuntin

Postby luvhuntin » Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:14 pm

Why was`nt he wearing that clown wig in the stand? not like he needed to hide.

I only had to go to the pen for bacon and eggs. very disturbing and downright sickening.

buckhunter21

Postby buckhunter21 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:43 pm

Well if any of you are on facebook, check out his page (https://www.facebook.com/JIMMYHOUSTONFISHING) and let him know how you feel about that video. I've already been banned from posting on there.
QDM!

fasteddie

Postby fasteddie » Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:02 pm

I saw the Jimmy Houston part of the video a few years ago . I thought they would pull his sorry butt off of the TV shows . The guy is a real clown ! Can't stand him !
Semper Fi !

BigIron

Postby BigIron » Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:12 pm

Wow. So that's it? You folks agree with the putz that put that piece of trash together and published it? So you agree that high fenced operations and breeding facilities are all that way? All because he found some that are the lowest common denominator?

Because that was his purpose. To paint all high fenced operations with the same brush. Now THAT'S pathetic. Canniballism run amok. I don't know anyone who drugs deer or "hunts" them in pens. And I know hundreds of breeders and high fenced operations.
I'd rather be a fencepost in Texas than king of the world.

pine valley

Postby pine valley » Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:18 pm

BigIron wrote: To paint all high fenced operations with the same brush. Now THAT'S pathetic.

We're just talking about this video.. Be cool man.

That being said I am very against high fence hunting whether they drug the deer or not. It completely takes away from the natural aspect of it and in my mind is very unfair to the deer. But that's just my opinion.
"The appointments can wait; that meeting can be rescheduled. So slow down, breathe deep. As the wind in the pines just reminded us, there's plenty of time." -Mossy Oak

kellory

Postby kellory » Sun Feb 26, 2012 1:36 am

BigIron wrote:Wow. So that's it? You folks agree with the putz that put that piece of trash together and published it? So you agree that high fenced operations and breeding facilities are all that way? All because he found some that are the lowest common denominator?

Because that was his purpose. To paint all high fenced operations with the same brush. Now THAT'S pathetic. Canniballism run amok. I don't know anyone who drugs deer or "hunts" them in pens. And I know hundreds of breeders and high fenced operations.

BigIron, Don't try to lump me in any group. I expressed my own opinion of the clip I saw. That behavior was despicable. I do not believe it is the norm, anymore than poaching is the norm, or .spotlighting. What I saw was criminal, wiether the law agrees or not. How deer farmers grow their animals is us to them, but don't tell that was a "hunt". I appreciate an impressive deer, both buck and doe, for the meat, for the challenge, for the experience , and for the skills I hone as I pass them on to my son, and others, But, I hope I will never understand Antler Madness. To do so, might just destroy hunting for me entirely. For me. those bones on the wall are nothing more than reminders of the hunt, a marker along my path, or a book marker in my story. .I prefer my story be written with honor and sportsmanship, and dedication to craft, in the hopes that my son will write the next chapter. Even if this "hunt" were free of charge, I would not do as these men did. That is my choice, you are free to make your own. That is the beauty of having so many ways to hunt, if one method fails to satisfy, try another. You are welcome to this method, if you care for it, but it leaves me cold. I will take a different path. For me, the journey matters more than the postcards gathered along the way. :|
The only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker is observation. All the same data is present for both. The rest is understanding what you are seeing.

Jslotter

Postby Jslotter » Sun Feb 26, 2012 2:09 am

deer + high fence = bad or lazy hunter. Sorry if that hurts your feelings.
I only hunt on days that end in ' Y '.

BigIron

Postby BigIron » Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:25 am

kellory wrote:
BigIron wrote:Wow. So that's it? You folks agree with the putz that put that piece of trash together and published it? So you agree that high fenced operations and breeding facilities are all that way? All because he found some that are the lowest common denominator?

BigIron, Don't try to lump me in any group. I expressed my own opinion of the clip I saw. That behavior was despicable. I do not believe it is the norm, anymore than poaching is the norm, or .spotlighting. What I saw was criminal, wiether the law agrees or not. How deer farmers grow their animals is us to them, but don't tell that was a "hunt". I appreciate an impressive deer, both buck and doe, for the meat, for the challenge, for the experience , and for the skills I hone as I pass them on to my son, and others, But, I hope I will never understand Antler Madness. To do so, might just destroy hunting for me entirely. For me. those bones on the wall are nothing more than reminders of the hunt, a marker along my path, or a book marker in my story. .I prefer my story be written with honor and sportsmanship, and dedication to craft, in the hopes that my son will write the next chapter. Even if this "hunt" were free of charge, I would not do as these men did. That is my choice, you are free to make your own. That is the beauty of having so many ways to hunt, if one method fails to satisfy, try another. You are welcome to this method, if you care for it, but it leaves me cold. I will take a different path. For me, the journey matters more than the postcards gathered along the way. :|
I'm not trying to lump you in any group. I'm just making the point that you didn't call this out for what it was. An anti-hunting hit piece not unlike the famed "Guns of Autumn" hit piece done by 60 minutes years ago. The problem is that it originated within what some consider the "hunting" community. If hunters don't stand up and call spades spades when national organizations do this crap then we will end up with no hunting rights in the future. This is also not unlike QDMA's attack on deer breeding. Using lies and distortion and exception to create a rift in the hunting community. I don't know anyone that hunts like that Houston video. That the NWF finds somebody and creates a video to publicize that trash painting all breeders and high fenced operations with that same brush is MUCH more despicable than that video. Just trying to help folks see the real crime.

BigIron

Postby BigIron » Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:30 am

Jslotter wrote:deer + high fence = bad or lazy hunter. Sorry if that hurts your feelings.
Your ignorance hurt my feelings? Why? I have high fenced deer that you'd never see. I love you farm deer hunters who think high fenced hunting is easy. I love it when my high fenced deer on 1200 and 1400 acres send you home empty handed. It's fun watching someone who's used to shooting "wild" deer comes down and goes home empty handed after trying to shoot my "tame" deer.

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions