Chicago Mayor Wants Statewide Handgun Registration

Off Topic is the place for anything that doesn't quite fit into the other categories.
Big Horse

Re: Chicago Mayor Wants Statewide Handgun Registration

Postby Big Horse » Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:50 am

Contact your legislator and tell them to sponsor and support SB 3340 FIREARM OWNERS ID ACT-REPEAL

http://daily-journal.com/archives/dj/di ... query=foid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8lr7Z3yH ... re=related
Live to Hunt, Hunt to Live.

Woods Walker

Postby Woods Walker » Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:52 pm

THANK YOU Big Horse! I wasn't aware of this proposed legislation. I'm on it!!!!
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

>>>--------------------------------->
NRA Endowment Life Member

mnslayer

Postby mnslayer » Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:10 pm

Didn't Hitler require gun registrations just before he took them away and started killing people?

bobow

Postby bobow » Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:18 am

Woods Walker wrote:CHICAGO MAYOR RAHM EMANUEL LAUNCHES NEW ATTACK ON YOUR RIGHTS

Molon Labe or "from my cold dead fingers". :evil:
Thomas Jefferson, 1774 July. "The God who gave us life, gave us liberty at the same time."

Life Member: NRA, ISRA; Member CCRA

Big Horse

Postby Big Horse » Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:09 am

Woods Walker wrote:THANK YOU Big Horse! I wasn't aware of this proposed legislation. I'm on it!!!!

No problem Woods, I think it is a fairly new proposal. It is time for the FOID to go bye, bye.

I was reading an article in 1st Freedom on State's Rights that said Justice Alito in his opinion in McDonald vs Chicago, cited a Mississippi law that required blacks after the civil war to be licensed "by the board of police" in order to possess a firearm, to illustrate the intent of the 14th Amendment incorporating the 2nd Amendment to apply to the State's.

It makes me wonder how an Illinois law requiring a licence and imposing a tax, (FOID), supposedly authorized under the Illinois Constitution "subject only to the police power" is not in in violation of the 2nd Amendment, via the 14th?

As I see it, the only real difference between what the FOID act does and the proposed legislation by Emmanuel, is that one registers the "firearm owner" while the other registers the instrument, or firearm itself. Both impose a tax and require permission for exercising your God given constitutionally protected unalienable right to keep and bear arms.

Big Horse

Postby Big Horse » Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:11 am

mnslayer wrote:Didn't Hitler require gun registrations just before he took them away and started killing people?

"This year will go down in history! For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration! Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!"
--Adolf Hitler (1939),

"History shows that all conquerors who have allowed their subjected peoples to carry arms have prepared their own fall" - Adolf Hitler, Edict of 18 March 1939

Big Horse

Postby Big Horse » Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:17 am

Deebz wrote:I heard this on the news today....

I heard this was the subject of the question of the day. Image

Deebz

Postby Deebz » Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:24 am

Yup... I try to do what I can to raise the awareness of topics that will affect these kids in the future... It's amazing how clueless some of them are!
"When a hunter is in a tree stand with high moral values and with the proper hunting ethics and richer for the experience, that hunter is 20 feet closer to God." ~Fred Bear

Big Horse

Postby Big Horse » Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:50 am

Deebz wrote:Yup... I try to do what I can to raise the awareness of topics that will affect these kids in the future... It's amazing how clueless some of them are!

Unfortunately, most of them probably aren't discussing such topics with their parents either.

JFry1969

Postby JFry1969 » Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:57 pm

sorry Im a little late joining in here but just wanted to add tha Mr. Brandon Phelps was on our local news channel down here the other day talking about this. There was another attachment to this bill that hasnt been mentioned much. I didnt know about it either til Mr Phelps addressed it. They(Chicagoidiots) are also wanting to include the banning of all semi-auto guns (not just handguns) and the banning of all .50 cal ammunition. Can you say bye-bye 12gauges. Brandon said that this was all included in this bill and if it gets passed as a handgun tax then they will take away our semi's and you will not be able to shoot 12gauges anymore. This will cost the state a lot of money in hunting fees and will make a lot of honest folks felons, myself included!
You might check it out Woodsie. I dont know for sure but Brandon and Gary Forby were both talking about it and how they were going to fight it. I wish them both luck and will be watching this more closely. Just another reason why I HATE Chicago and anything that comes out of it, including the guy that claims to be our president!
Oh and by the way did you here our governor is going to close a bunch of services down here including our State Police Crime Lab? WTH!! Thats it, take more jobs and services away from us dumb rednecks down here!! A few years ago there was a pettion to seperate from the state making 70 the state line, sorry guys but I wish we couldve got it done!
I'll quit now, my bp is starting to rise. Lets do what we can to stop this communist bill.

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic