Giant buck in Chautauqua?

Everyday Hunter

Giant buck in Chautauqua?

Postby Everyday Hunter » Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:11 am

I heard through the grapevine that a giant buck, something on the order of 180", was killed in Chautauqua County in the Kiantone area. Anyone hear of this? The story is that it had been hit by a car (but not killed). A hunter drove by and saw it out in a field. He went out an finished it off and tagged it.

I've looked for a report in the Post Journal, but so far haven't been able confirm the story. Would love to see a picture.

Steve
When the Everyday Hunter isn't hunting, he's thinking about hunting, talking about hunting, dreaming about hunting, writing about hunting, or wishing he were hunting.

convict charlie

Re: Giant buck in Chautauqua?

Postby convict charlie » Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:38 am

I did not hear about this and I hunt in Chautaqua county. Although I have seen a few bruisers I have never gotten anything that big. Someone on our property took an 11pt last year that scored 142 but it would have been bigger but two extra points had broken off.

I seen about a 150 class 10pt last Saturday of gun standing sixty yds in an open field but were three of us and we already had filled our buck tags. I had shot a decent seven point on the day after opener.

Biggest deer I had ever seen a picture of in Chautaqua was a 172 three years ago shot maybe a mile from where I hunt. Guy was 6'3" and kneeling down. The rack was wider and taller than his shoulders.

Return to New York