8 days to go

djohns13

8 days to go

Postby djohns13 » Mon Sep 22, 2008 1:48 pm

I am counting every minute until October 1.  With that in mind, describe your favorite shooting set-up, archery or otherwise.

I will start archery season shooting my Martin Bengal, 60 lbs., with Gold Tips fletched with blazers and tipped with Montec G5s.

Gun season I will be using my favorite cowboy rifle, my Marlin 1894 shooting 240 grains.

The way I am craving deer season, I would hunt with slingshots and rocks if necessary.

Good shooting.
Darren Johnson
Internet Pro Staff Member - Indiana

Glad to talk to all of you, but I'd rather be sitting in a tree stand on a cool morning trying not to move so that the bruiser buck directly below me doesn't figure out that I am watching him!

whitetail_eater93

RE: 8 days to go

Postby whitetail_eater93 » Thu Sep 25, 2008 1:11 pm

my setup for archery season is a Parker Buckshot 40 lbs Thunderhead 100s Gold Tip Arrows

Gun Season My CVA Muzzleloader 150 grains of powder

DeerCamp

Postby DeerCamp » Thu Sep 25, 2008 1:14 pm

Yeah we have a few more days here. Im getting really pumped up! Shot today and boy was I feeling good!
"If I pull the hammer and shoot this young buck, he's dead. But if I pass on him, the next hunter might not shoot so straight."

OHhunter

Postby OHhunter » Thu Sep 25, 2008 1:31 pm

ORIGINAL: djohns13

I am counting every minute until October 1.  With that in mind, describe your favorite shooting set-up, archery or otherwise.

I will start archery season shooting my Martin Bengal, 60 lbs., with Gold Tips fletched with blazers and tipped with Montec G5s.

Gun season I will be using my favorite cowboy rifle, my Marlin 1894 shooting 240 grains.

I got one more day to go, before our season starts can't wait.

My archery set-up  is Mathews switchback, 28.5 inch draw, Set a 65lbs., G5 sights, trophy taker arrow rest and alpine 3 arrow soft loc quiver. My arrows are beman max-4 with HIT inserts fletched with 2.5" quick spin vanes and tipped with Rage 100gr. 2 or 3 blade mechanicals.
Brad

HUNT HARD, SHOOT STRAIGHT, CLEAN KILL APOLOGIZE TO NO ONE

djohns13

Postby djohns13 » Thu Sep 25, 2008 1:36 pm

Sounds like we all can't wait.  Seems like the pre-season goes so slow and the real season goes so fast.

Good luck to all, hope you have a great memorable and safe season.  May we all make the taxidermist a little more busy this year.  Please keep us all updated on how your season is going.

Good shooting.
Darren Johnson

Glad to talk to all of you, but I'd rather be sitting in a tree stand on a cool morning trying not to move so that the bruiser buck directly below me doesn't figure out that I am watching him!

whitetail_eater93

Postby whitetail_eater93 » Thu Sep 25, 2008 1:43 pm

us youth get to have an early season... but we can only take does that kinda sucks [:(]
P.E.T.A (People for the eating of tasty animals)

djohns13

Postby djohns13 » Fri Sep 26, 2008 2:26 am

Good luck whitetail_eater, my daughter will be out this weekend too.  She is bummed about only being able to take does, but you have the whole season, like the rest of us, to fill your doe tag.

Hope you have an awesome weekend.  Let us know how it went.
Darren Johnson

whitetail_eater93

Postby whitetail_eater93 » Sat Sep 27, 2008 4:51 pm

well this mornin me and my dad jumped about 7 does out of a bean field and we had a really stupid doe (probably a yearling) come up put of a corn field about 40 yards from us and i made a stupid mistake. the bolt on my muzzleloader wasnt down all the way. oh well theres always tomorrow mornin and afternoon. i just hope they come out for breakfast
P.E.T.A (People for the eating of tasty animals)

Return to Indiana