Hello

EatDeer

RE: Hello

Postby EatDeer » Wed Jul 02, 2008 3:23 pm

Nice to meet you eagls215. Welcome to the forums! I noticed your link to the QDMA do you ever post thier forums, they are a great bunch of reasonable men. Maybe I'll see you there sometime.[:)]
"Let a young buck go, so he can grow."

djohns13

Postby djohns13 » Thu Sep 25, 2008 12:52 pm

Mike, nice to hear from you.  I am from Indiana and hunt in central Indiana, primarily Hendricks County.  Let me know where you are from.

Please read the thread "alsheimer or rue" as it talks at length about the rut forecast.  Indiana is in the northern region.

From my experience, the second full week of November is usually red hot.  The first and third full weeks are very good also. 

Again, nice to hear from you.  I hope the Indiana contingent grows dramatically on this forum.

Good shooting.
Darren Johnson
Internet Pro Staff Member - Indiana

Glad to talk to all of you, but I'd rather be sitting in a tree stand on a cool morning trying not to move so that the bruiser buck directly below me doesn't figure out that I am watching him!

whitetail_eater93

Postby whitetail_eater93 » Thu Sep 25, 2008 12:55 pm

I'm from the county i am in is St. Joseph and I'm glad we got a couple people here from the Hoosier state

OHhunter

Postby OHhunter » Thu Sep 25, 2008 1:12 pm

ORIGINAL: whitetail_eater93

Hi my name is Mike Snyder and i am from Indiana and im happy to be a member of this forum and love reading Deer and Deer hunting. I've got two questions is anyone from Indiana and does anyone know what the rut forecast is?

Thanks
Mike

Check out the RE: Alsheimer or Rue? [color=#000000].. [/color].. thread there's plenty of discussion over there about rut dates, but I don't know if it'll you help any.
Also check out the Indiana section, bound to be a few hoosiers there. 
Brad

HUNT HARD, SHOOT STRAIGHT, CLEAN KILL APOLOGIZE TO NO ONE

Patriot

Postby Patriot » Thu Sep 25, 2008 1:59 pm

Welcome to the forum Mike!

Be sure to check out the rut forecast article in the latest issue of D&DH.
Paul K. "aim small, miss small"

hunter480

Postby hunter480 » Thu Sep 25, 2008 3:57 pm

Welcome to the Forum.

I`m from West-Central Indiana, in Putnam County.

As far as the rut goes, I`m not a believer in a solid timing of, say, mid November. I`ve seen too much of a swing from October to November in rutting activity.

Regardless, welcome aboard, and welcome to the Indiana section of Deer & Deer Hunting.

Woods Walker

Postby Woods Walker » Thu Sep 25, 2008 4:13 pm

Welcome Mike! You will find that we are quite an opinionated bunch around here! (except for me....[;)] )

As far as the Alsheimer theory goes for rut forecast...I believe it's a somewhat sound theory, but I have followed it in my area (northern and central Illinois), and it does NOT always hold true. I think that there are too many local variables (deer populations, feed sources, sex ratios, hunter pressure, etc.) to make it consistant. Besides, as with all the other "expert" theories that are written, as far as I know, DEER CAN'T READ....the dumb SOBS.  [:D]

My own "theory", that has worked about as well as any other I've tried, is to be in the woods as much as possible from Halloween through Thanksgiving, regardless of weather.

Come early, stay late, bring your lunch!
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

>>>--------------------------------->
NRA Endowment Life Member

shaman

Postby shaman » Fri Sep 26, 2008 12:11 am

Hey!

Welcome.   From what I hear the rut is supposed to peak on Nov 15 this year in our area.  What I find significant is all the wind we all got from Ike blew a lot of acorns down early.  That may influence things significantly--not for the rut date, but where they'll be concentrated during the rut.  In my neighborhood, it's usually in the oak groves, picking up late acorns.  If there are few acorns, they may be elsewhere.
Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries of SW Bracken County, KY
Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer

Goose

Postby Goose » Fri Sep 26, 2008 2:18 am

Welcome Mike its good to hear from ya!
Jake

Genesis 27:3 Take your bow and quiver full of arrows out into the open country, and hunt some wild game.....

djohns13

Postby djohns13 » Fri Sep 26, 2008 2:20 am

In spite of all of the evidence and theories, Woods Walker probably has the best answer of all.  Hang out in the woods as much as you can, and hang where the does are, and you will find more than your share of bucks.

Good shooting.
Darren Johnson
Internet Pro Staff Member - Indiana

Glad to talk to all of you, but I'd rather be sitting in a tree stand on a cool morning trying not to move so that the bruiser buck directly below me doesn't figure out that I am watching him!

Next

Return to Michigan