rage 3s

schlupis

RE: rage 3s

Postby schlupis » Thu Sep 25, 2008 8:17 pm

fasteddie why are they considered barbed broadheads just want to know because they are built just like the 2 blade just with one more blade.. Just curious..

schlupis

Postby schlupis » Thu Sep 25, 2008 8:21 pm

vipermann7 and the other nice thing other than the huge holes is the confidence you get shooting them because there is no tuning of your bow to fit the head. With a fixed blade it seemed each head flew different, so you never knew if it was going to hit were you were aiming.

DeerCamp

Postby DeerCamp » Fri Sep 26, 2008 3:41 am

So like I said I bought the Rage 2 blades yesterday..wanted to try em out see what all the talk was about. I now have a question and I know it may be a dumb one, but Id rather be safe than sorry while hunting. Sadly I left the packaging in a buddys car.  I got 3 broadheads and a practice one. I shot the practice one and it shoots very nice.  Now I have the 3 hunting ones. I noticed a small black ring on the bottom of them. Looks to be rubber. I was also give 3 extra small black rings. Do those 3 replacements go where the black ring is now if it breaks? Or does it hold the blades in place, so Id have to put them on there?  After looking at it, it seems as if I can push the blades in where they are tight. Does that just hold them together? Thanks guys.

Jerry
"If I pull the hammer and shoot this young buck, he's dead. But if I pass on him, the next hunter might not shoot so straight."

dxthunter57

Postby dxthunter57 » Fri Sep 26, 2008 5:30 am

I use Grim Reapers
and i love them
they are simple and they fly great
i also use the snypers they fly exactly like a field point

PrairieShadow

Postby PrairieShadow » Fri Sep 26, 2008 5:42 am

Yep extras are for if one of the existing ones breaks. One of mine was broken out of the pkg???[8|]
Hunting isn't a matter of Life or Death
Its MUCH more important than that!

fasteddie

Postby fasteddie » Fri Sep 26, 2008 8:51 am

ORIGINAL: schlupis
fasteddie why are they considered barbed broadheads just want to know because they are built just like the 2 blade just with one more blade.. Just curious..

I guess because they stay in the locked position and don't fold back when an arrow is pulled out . The same thing with the Tekan II's . Last fall the DEC rep confirmed this at a sportsmen's Dinner . Gander Mt has a sign on their rack that says tey are illegal to use ............ but they can still sell them . I know that I wouldn't want to be caught with any in my quiver while hunting .
I bought a pack of the RAGE 2's as they are NOT illegal . I havn't open the pack and have no idea what the difference is on how the blades retract after they are deployed .

OHhunter

Postby OHhunter » Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:09 am

ORIGINAL: fasteddie

ORIGINAL: schlupis

I guess because they stay in the locked position and don't fold back when an arrow is pulled out . The same thing with the Tekan II's . Last fall the DEC rep confirmed this at a sportsmen's Dinner . Gander Mt has a sign on their rack that says tey are illegal to use ............ but they can still sell them . I know that I wouldn't want to be caught with any in my quiver while hunting .
I bought a pack of the RAGE 2's as they are NOT illegal . I havn't open the pack and have no idea what the difference is on how the blades retract after they are deployed .

Don't make sense, they both work the same.
Brad

HUNT HARD, SHOOT STRAIGHT, CLEAN KILL APOLOGIZE TO NO ONE

schlupis

Postby schlupis » Fri Sep 26, 2008 5:47 pm

yeah I believe the rage 3 blades do not lock back just like the 2 blades dont that was some peoples grip about them if they dont get a complete pass through the blades wont do much damage coming back out the entrance hole.....

Sounds like new york needs to change its broadhead laws why wouldnt they want a broadhead that kills a deer fast...

Lot to Learn

Postby Lot to Learn » Sun Sep 28, 2008 5:32 am

I know this is dumb but I want to be sure. I am using the rage 2, this is my first year with carbon. Are these set up to just screw in or do I need any type of washer using carbon? Thanks.

Goose

Postby Goose » Sun Sep 28, 2008 4:19 pm

They will just screw in, and there are no dumb questions. Good luck with these heads I think youll be happy with them.
Jake

Genesis 27:3 Take your bow and quiver full of arrows out into the open country, and hunt some wild game.....

PreviousNext

Return to Broadheads