What No Crossbow Hunters?

oneshot 1

What No Crossbow Hunters?

Postby oneshot 1 » Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:21 am

Been using Ten Point Titan for years and Love it.Thinking of Excalibur though.

oneshot

Panman1949

RE: What No Crossbow Hunters?

Postby Panman1949 » Tue Sep 23, 2008 3:01 pm

I shoot a Ten Point also.  I love it.  Took a small spike buck last year with it.  My son will carry it this year since I bought a new compound, but will carry it also.  Good luck oneshot, Panman
Be Aware, Bikes are Everywhere!!

Legnip

Postby Legnip » Tue Sep 23, 2008 3:07 pm

I don't know what happened to my crossbow sights. I tried it out this weekend with a practice broadhead (Rage 2-blade), and it shot 12" off the practice point. I'm sure that some of it was operator error, but the field point was 8" off. The barnett that I shot hits 345 fps. Any tips?
From those who much is given, much is expected

oneshot 1

Postby oneshot 1 » Wed Sep 24, 2008 2:05 am

ORIGINAL: Legnip

I don't know what happened to my crossbow sights. I tried it out this weekend with a practice broadhead (Rage 2-blade), and it shot 12" off the practice point. I'm sure that some of it was operator error, but the field point was 8" off. The barnett that I shot hits 345 fps. Any tips?

Well I will Jerk the trigger,if I'm not watching what I'm doing and it will throw it off about that much.

If you are getting a Good Group move your Sights.

oneshot

Panman1949

Postby Panman1949 » Wed Sep 24, 2008 3:14 pm

Is everything tight?  Check that.  If you have a pin sight, I once had one with an acorn nut on the pin that bottomed out on the pin before tightening on the bracket.  It felt tight, but would move slightly with each shot.  I ground down the threads on the pin and that worked.  If it is a scope, also check for loose hardware.  Good luck with it.  Panman

Legnip

Postby Legnip » Wed Sep 24, 2008 3:53 pm

I have a scope on top. The parts are pretty tight. It may just be trigger panic or punching the trigger.

You should see all of the complaints against crossbows in the MI forum. It's almost comparable to someone suggesting that we fish for trout with dynamite at a Trout Unlimited Banquet.

Panman1949

Postby Panman1949 » Thu Sep 25, 2008 2:52 am

The same thing happened when compounds got popular.  Traditional guys went crazy.  Guess thats just life.  Wait til the heat seeking nuclear shotguns catch on![:D]  Good luck, Panman

oneshot 1

Postby oneshot 1 » Thu Sep 25, 2008 1:24 pm

ORIGINAL: Legnip

I have a scope on top. The parts are pretty tight. It may just be trigger panic or punching the trigger.

You should see all of the complaints against crossbows in the MI forum. It's almost comparable to someone suggesting that we fish for trout with dynamite at a Trout Unlimited Banquet.

Around here we just go to the Hatchery in middle of the night with Big Dip Net [:D]

Heck I had a Guy the other day putting me down for setting out Jugs and Trot lines.

oneshot

cbhunter

Postby cbhunter » Fri Sep 26, 2008 3:14 pm

I also shoot a Ten Point. Killed my first deer with it in 06. Cbs are a great tool to learn to deer hunt. Hoping to get a compound in the next couple of years.
  How long till I can get one of those shotguns?Image

tracer

Postby tracer » Tue Sep 30, 2008 2:33 am

This will be my fourth year hunting with my Excalibur Exocet 200 and I love it. Good luck hunting everyone and be safe.
Mossy Oak Pro Staffer

Next

Return to Crossbows