I Need Some Help

What's the hunt looking like this year in your area? Share!
Woods Walker

I Need Some Help

Postby Woods Walker » Fri Sep 26, 2008 4:42 am

A very old, dear friend and hunting buddy (in fact, he's my hunting mentor/hero), recently had to have his big toe amputated due to complications with diabetes and circulatory issues.

He's the type of guy who if he knew that he couldn't hunt or fish any longer, would just as soon be dead.

The doctor has told him that he will need footwear with a prothesis in it. Myself and another close friend want to buy him hunting boots that he can use. Obviously, they are probably going to be custom made, and quite expensive. That's why we want to do it for him, as he's not a rich man. My other friend asked the doctor, and he knew nothing about it, which I found odd.

So......can any of you give me any leads, references, or whatever as to someone or company that might do this type of thing? 

Thanks to all in advance.
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

>>>--------------------------------->
NRA Endowment Life Member

OHhunter

RE: I Need Some Help

Postby OHhunter » Fri Sep 26, 2008 5:09 am

footwear with a prothesis

Check out this link, I think this may be what your needing not for sure.  Best of luck to your friend and hope he can get out to the woods this fall.

http://www.levyandrappel.com/orthotic_products/prosthesis/toe_filler.php?m=1&sm=6
Brad

HUNT HARD, SHOOT STRAIGHT, CLEAN KILL APOLOGIZE TO NO ONE

Goose

Postby Goose » Fri Sep 26, 2008 5:14 am

Sorry to hear that. Your a good man for doing what your doing! Good luck with everything!
Jake

Genesis 27:3 Take your bow and quiver full of arrows out into the open country, and hunt some wild game.....

Woods Walker

Postby Woods Walker » Fri Sep 26, 2008 8:26 am

Thank you all. I did follow up on OH Hunters lead, and that looks like just what we need. Much appreciated.

I know as he lays in bed for the next several weeks while he heals, if he knows that he has a way to get back in the woods it will help immensely.

He told me that he was planning on making a toe for himself that he'd carve from a deer antler, and then stick a walnut on the end!  He'd do it too.........[:)]
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

>>>--------------------------------->
NRA Endowment Life Member

OHhunter

Postby OHhunter » Fri Sep 26, 2008 4:21 pm

Glad to be of assistance, again best of luck to your buddy.
Brad

HUNT HARD, SHOOT STRAIGHT, CLEAN KILL APOLOGIZE TO NO ONE

Patriot

Postby Patriot » Fri Sep 26, 2008 4:28 pm

You're both good men Woods Walker and OHhunter!!  That's the kind of stuff this forum is for.
Paul K. "aim small, miss small"

Return to General Discussions