Assembly committee takes no action on ‘X-bow’ bill...

retch sweeny

Re: Assembly committee takes no action on ‘X-bow’ bill...

Postby retch sweeny » Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:17 pm

Dan Salmon wrote:Wow, model citizen. Good for you.

Not really but again you had it dead wrong. When this bill passes, you can complain but since you are not motivated enough to be an active participant, I dont know what you will complain about but I will go out on a limb and predict you will complain on in internet chat room since thats the total level of involvement you are willing to invest all while complaining about the involved being involved (and making incorrect assumptions about them).

Oh and thanks for making my prediction come true froma few posts above. You dont disappoint. :lol: :lol:

retch sweeny

Postby retch sweeny » Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:54 pm

Anyway, with Dan properly educated on these matters but absent from the proceedings he has to rely on a story in WI outdoor news and their bias to get the information he wants us to believe he cares about.

To spot the bias you would have to have been there or watch the video to see the “slight of hand” in the WON story. You will read in the beginning about :

“Some who testified asked the committee to also allow crossbow use for hunters of all ages during the bow deer season.”

But you have to get to the last line to read that there was more than 13 times the number of supporters than those opposed.

To the clueless, they will think there must have been a large number of people opposing the bill when there were only two (both from the newly formed crossbow club)

Then the story expends a great deal of ink on the rep from the crossbow org. In fact, more than half the story is an advertisement for the crossbow club and the guys views. When it mentions the WBH rep, it gets the facts wrong.

Then he writes:

“Bob Welch, David Peterson, and Bruce Haukom all testified in support of the bill.”

But does not mention the others that testified in support thus trying to make it appear that the level of support and opposition was the same, then in the final line he mentions 29 names in support of the bill when it was actually 37 people and orgs that registered in support. When you have a front row seat at such a thing and then read the convoluted writings of a bias writer, you can only shake your head but thanks to Dan, more folks know the truth now. Its good to have Dan working for us.

Dan Salmon

Postby Dan Salmon » Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:13 am

Retch,

I really don't care much about this bill, it is allowing for more opportunity for those that may want to hunt, but not with any of the currently offered weapon choices, that in my mind is a good thing. I don't agree with your current argument against inclusion, because it is all over the map, make a better argument and you will probably get my support.

I just found it funny to see in print that you didn't address a very plainly asked and simple question with a simple answer, much like here. That was all. I'll just learn from this, that it really doesn't matter what happens as the spin doctor will get his hackles up and waste everyone's time defending his myopic, disjointed defense of on one small issue in the state without ever directly answering the question that was asked.

I didn't post this thinking I was baiting you. I don't know how I never realized that it wouldn't happen, shame on me, but you swallowed the whole 2 gallons in one sitting, I hope I didn't cause you any indigestion. :D

Ostermann

Postby Ostermann » Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:15 am

My 2 cents.

A few options to consider:

1 - Have a separate crossbow season for a week or so. We have an archery, gun, and muzzleloader season.
2 - Why not try out crossbows for archery? Give it a try and see what happens on a trial basis.
3 - If crossbows are so "deadly," won't that reduce the herd which is what hunting is used for?
4 - When the herd is reduced, we can go back to the old days of one tag per season.

I talked to one guy who did get a buck with bow during the gun season. It can happen. Why not let crossbows in during the gun season?

retch sweeny

Postby retch sweeny » Wed Feb 01, 2012 7:53 pm

The title of this thread is no longer accurate.

It appears the Assembly NR committee voted unanimously in favor of AB-384 today without amendment to lower the age to 55 or any other significant amendments. It seems the only two amendments approved came from the bill author and were inserted to correct wording errors discovered since the bill was drafted. That means this bill passed its first major milestone and is advancing . Well done to all involved in advancing this great piece of legislation.

retch sweeny

Postby retch sweeny » Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:13 am

Yesterday I watched the Assembly floor vote on AB-384. The bill was advanced to the Senate without change with a vote of 95 to 0.

The bill passed out of the Assembly committee on a 16 to 0 vote without amendment and now passed the full Assembly without amendment 95 to 0. Onto the Senate committee.

One step closer to a great bill becoming law. :D

retch sweeny

Postby retch sweeny » Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:55 pm

I understand this outstanding piece of legislation is going to be heard tomorrow before the Senate committee.

retch sweeny

Postby retch sweeny » Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:55 am

A short hearing today. Loads of support for the bill. The lone opposition came from Patsy Randolph (a noted anti hunter, anti man, animal rights activist.) One more hurdle passed on the journey of this great bill. Well done all involved. Soon this whole "Crossbow issue" will be put to bed in WI and we can focus on matters that are actaully important to hunters.

retch sweeny

Postby retch sweeny » Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:36 am

Today the Senate NR committee is slated to vote on AB-384. Passage means it heads to the full senate for a vote in the next week or so.

retch sweeny

Postby retch sweeny » Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:24 pm

This just in………………………… More good news. Unanimous support for AB-384 with no amendments from the Senate NR committee. The next step is a full floor vote of the Senate. After that, it goes to the Governor for signing. Then everybody can relax and start to focus on matters that are really important to deer hunting in WI.

Well done and thanks to everybody that has been participating in advancing this outstanding bill. And thanks to Dan for creating this tread so we can keep up on the status of the bill. ;)
Last edited by retch sweeny on Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext

Return to Wisconsin